• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Magical Princess of Death
Aug 31, 2022
Items to Bring:
1 Person Tent
8-pound bag of charcoal
Portable Grill
Charcoal Chimney Starter
Duct Tape
CO Meter
Newspaper + Oil
Lighter

Steps:
-Set up the tent and cover all vents and windows with duct tape
-Ignite as much charcoal as will fit in the chimney starter
-Heat until the smoke clears (around 20 minutes)
-Dump hot charcoal into the portable grill and put the lid on
-Place the grill inside the tent, remove the lid, and close the door while waiting outside
-Allow build-up for 10 minutes, open the door, and check to see if CO is at 900-1000ppm (Will opening the door here let too much air in?)
-If at a sufficient level I enter myself, close the door, and wait to feel sleepy

Thanks for anyone that helps. I'm just trying to ensure I have everything right as a novice to camping.

Reactions: okayyy12, rejected, exhaustedperfection and 3 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That setup looks fine to me. Opening the door will surely let some CO outside but this should build up quickly again, as you have a CO meter you can check it at any time. Make sure, that nobody can interfere too early! This is very important. You may also have sth to put below the grill to protect the tent bottom from the heat. How "waterproof" is your tent? I'm not a camping expert but I'd say the "thicker" the material the better it is to keep CO better and longer inside.

There's an old thread somewhere here (from several years ago) where a user (RIP) documented their CO-Tent-Method journey until they went to sleep. It needed 2 attempts. Did you read this thread?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: exhaustedperfection, thecolourgold and ArchmagePrincess
hamtaro

hamtaro

Paragon
Oct 8, 2022
900-1000 PPM is not correct; you need the level to be 10000+PPM for this to work quickly.

Reference post #6 in this thread:

User befree also has a detailed writeup in this thread:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: exhaustedperfection and ArchmagePrincess
Aisley

Aisley

Wizard
Mar 12, 2023
Since you're bringing along a meter and don't need to guage it yourself, I would recommend some ibuprophen and acetaminophen for the headache. This all looks good, but maybe some garbage bags to help seal up the tent?

• Informative
Reactions: exhaustedperfection, thecolourgold and ArchmagePrincess
ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Aug 31, 2022
900-1000 PPM is not correct; you need the level to be 10000+PPM for this to work quickly.

Reference post #6 in this thread:

User befree also has a detailed writeup in this thread:

thank you I had the number totally wrong
That setup looks fine to me. Opening the door will surely let some CO outside but this should build up quickly again, as you have a CO meter you can check it at any time. Make sure, that nobody can interfere too early! This is very important. You may also have sth to put below the grill to protect the tent bottom from the heat. How "waterproof" is your tent? I'm not a camping expert but I'd say the "thicker" the material the better it is to keep CO better and longer inside.

There's an old thread somewhere here (from several years ago) where a user (RIP) documented their CO-Tent-Method journey until they went to sleep. It needed 2 attempts. Did you read this thread?
I haven't read the thread I'll go look for it thank you.

Reactions: exhaustedperfection
S

SomeDay!

Jun 4, 2023
Hello there,

How are you coming along with your plan?

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Allow build-up for 10 minutes, open the door, and check to see if CO is at 900-1000ppm (Will opening the door here let too much air in?)
Not good. The CO level should be 10.000. So you need a CO meter that goes up to 10.000 or higher. If you open the door too long, too much oxygen gets in.

ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Aug 31, 2022
Hello there,

How are you coming along with your plan?
This is more of a backup plan in case my efforts to improve my life don't succeed. I am just refining it since things currently look uneasy. I don't intend on carrying it out until I've completely given up. Just allows me to relax knowing it's ready and effective if/when I need it.

Reactions: Walilamdzii, LittleJem, exhaustedperfection and 1 other person
ArchmagePrincess

ArchmagePrincess

Aug 31, 2022
Also, as a couple of people have told me I did have the ppm required completely wrong. It's 10,000, not 1000. Thanks for the corrections, but I'm now aware. It was a really goofy mistake in hindsight.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Please be certain that you get a meter that actually measures up to 10000 PPM and not only 1000 PPM. Most of the meters on the market only measure to 1000 PPM or even less. Use only 100% carbon charcoal of a good quality. This is a method where more is better - as in more charcoal, burning white hot, and emitting copious amounts of CO - is better to assure a high enough level of CO. Ideally, in order for this method to be peaceful, you'd want to effectively go unconscious after only a few breaths once entering the tent.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori