silkwings

silkwings

flying with doves, floating with swans
Apr 25, 2023
is there anything i can do to stay relatively healthy while smoking? as of now it's my way of coping but i also want to keep my body relatively stable so any advice will be happily accepted.

Reactions: todienomore
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
Honestly I know it's your way to cope so I'm not judging you but it's one of the worst deliberate things you can do for your body health wise. Is it the nicotine, or the act of smoking that soothes you?

Reactions: Valky
cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
depends what effects you wish to "reverse". if you mean things like staining fingers, teeth falling out etc. you could get one of those rings with the cigarette holder so you dont have to actually hold the cigarette, brushing your teeth regularly could maybe prevent them falling out and might help with the smell. if you mean health problems like cancer, heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, blindness etc. those are par for the course with smoking, only way to prevent them would be to stop. i guess best thing to do would be to stay active and eat a healthy balanced diet to prolong the inevitability of developing those conditions.

Last edited:
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Itll sound dumb but just smoke less, taper down to 2-3 a day. Even when a heavy nic user I could technically go a day or two before I really felt bad. Its good to 'fast' from nicotine, mind over matter kind of thing.

I quit cold turkey recently using bromantane, it raises endogenous dopamine production.

Heres another nootropic that you could try pairing with bromantane to get the effect.

Morning sunlight is free dopamine.

Swedish snus is a much healthier nic source vs smoking.

Nebulized glutathione if you want to clean your lungs out.

Sleep on your side so your lungs drain at night.

Your lungs will naturally fix themselves after you stop smoking, but its just hard on the whole body, its pretty evident in skin health.

N

niawscm

May 6, 2023
Would you consider nicotine lozenges or gum? Or even vaping? I had a bad tobacco habit and switched from chewing tobacco and dip to nicotine replacement because I was really scared about mouth cancer. I am still addicted to the lozenges, but they are much less risky than tobacco.