a_carbon_based_life

a_carbon_based_life

I deserve peace
Aug 16, 2023
I had a falling out with my best friend of 6 years almost a year ago now. She said she couldn't see herself ever reaching out to me anymore and threatened to fully cut me off / block me on everything because of something we both had evidence I never did. I eventually ended up deleting her number and blocking her on all social media after a few more conversations and thought that would be the last I would ever hear from her.

She texted me late September since that was the only place she could reach me saying she just wanted to "see how I was doing". I've had a therapist and a few friends all say they think that she's going to try and be friends again and I want external validation that it's best to stay away from her even if I still lover her without badmouthing her to anyone she might know irl?

The cause of our fight was I found out that whenever I was activley in any sort of extreme emotional pain and really needed her support she'd say she needed a break from talking to people in general and then come back a couple months later (it was not a break from people in general, just me). In addition to this, she tried to cheat on her boyfriend with me multiple times, she's gone through multiple periods of flat out bullying me (she's kind of in on right now), has outright told me she thought I was cursed, told me that she would be suicidal in my position unprompted, has mocked my health problems, and highly implied my depression made me a bad friend. Ig it just hurts knowing that ive been there for her through things that she would never have helped me through. Last year I had a consultation to see if I qualified for HRT and needed a ride and I had someone I'd met 2 months earlier on tinder offer to help me out while the though never even crossed her mind. Like it was one if the most important appointments of my life. Idk I think I started rambling a while ago 😓. She was the first person I ever loved and this situation I really showed me how much I let people screw me over just because I love them

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
RosySunsets

RosySunsets

Oct 24, 2023
That's messed up. You didn't deserve to have such a crummy person come into your life like that and screw you around. Hope you find people who treat you better and care for you. Also congratulations on getting approved for HRT!!! 🎉🎉🎉

Reactions: a_carbon_based_life
sadwriter

sadwriter

Hanging in there
Aug 29, 2023
^Seconding that. From an external perspective she sounds pretty awful. I know it's hard when you love someone, but you definitely deserve a lot better than her. Good on you for having grown enough to recognize it.

Reactions: Lostandlooking, rosenwasser and a_carbon_based_life
a_carbon_based_life

a_carbon_based_life

I deserve peace
Aug 16, 2023
^Seconding that. From an external perspective she sounds pretty awful. I know it's hard when you love someone, but you definitely deserve a lot better than her. Good on you for having grown enough to recognize it.
*audible gasp* omoriiiiii!!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: sadwriter