TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Here is an rather uncommon and different statement (bolded in red and in larger text font) occasionally said by pro-lifers to justify continued living and existence. While it is partly based on a fact, it does not necessarily mean that it is acceptable to just let nature run it's course, yet they use it to push pro-life rhetoric and values onto others.

Original quote by the OP of that thread, u/throwawayrant343:
My whole life I'm going to be stuck relying on others for everything. I'm a quadriplegic and I don't want to live if I can't be independent. I just want to die. I can't live like this. There's literally no reason to stay here anymore.

Here is the comment by the user, u/GraphiteIsInPencils said in response to the OP of that thread.
I'm not disabled but I have a chronic illness. Yeah everyday sucks.
I hate how "take it or leave it" life is. Everyone says "I want to live, but not like this."
Maybe try and find reasons to keep going. You're going to get to die anyway, so why rush. I dont think many people have regretted not killing themselves sooner.

I've thought of a good response to such a statement made by prolifers. My response to that statement is that while it is true that no human being lives forever and that is a fact. One of the major tenets of the pro-choice stance is for one to be able to have a say and to be able to chose when, where, and how one gets to exit this life. It's about having a dignified death and while everyone dies at the end of time, not everyone is able to die a peaceful, dignified death. By denying and preventing people from being able to choose whether to live or die and force them to live subjects them to everyday suffering. Furthermore, there will be those who would have otherwise chosen a peaceful and dignified exit, but due to the lack of access to peaceful and reliable means of self-deliverance, said people resort to choosing less dignified methods and means that not only have a greater chance of failure, are less dignified (some methods which are more gruesome and violent), and may also result in collateral damage (jumping in front of a train or fast moving vehicle, jumping out of a tall building, just to name a few.).

Also, as far as people regretting, the dead do not regret for they lack the capacity and ability to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen>Sword, GenesAndEnvironment, it's_all_a_game and 11 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Suffering is reason enough to rush.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, LittleJem, TAW122 and 6 others
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
You're going to get to die anyway, so why wait?

I'm not looking forward to "enjoying" another two or three decades of pain, loss and dissapointment, and I guess the quadriplegic from your post neither, but pro lifers arguments are always the same "live, for the hell of it" , no profound reason behind it.

Only the suffering, understand suffering.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, LittleJem, SelfLiberation and 4 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
"I dont think many people have regretted not killing themselves sooner."

That person hasn't read this site. There are plenty of people who bemoan not having done it sooner. Not everyone thinks that way, but not everyone doesn't think that way, either.

By denying and preventing people from being able to choose whether to live or die and force them to live subjects them to everyday suffering.

The most voluntary death is the finest. Our life depends on the will of others; our death depends on our own. In nothing should we defer to our own feelings as much as in this. What others think has nothing to do with this business; it is madness to even consider it. Living is slavery if the freedom to die is lacking. (Emphasis mine.)

- Montaigne

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, LittleJem, Superdeterminist and 3 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Because they have turds for brains. I am curious, though, if you don't mind: why does it matter what these idiots say? They are nothing. The glorious thing about claiming one's freedom and quitting is, a dead person does not have to justify themselves to anyone.

Actually this makes pro-lifers feel so helpless and enraged that they say, at a futile attempt at humour: I will kill you if commit suicide. Even they know they have nothing.

• Love
Reactions: SelfLiberation, TAW122, Superdeterminist and 1 other person
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I rush because there is nothing in between now and "natural death" that is worth experiencing. Everything seems pointless to me. I don't enjoy this mundane, suffering filled drudgery that could drag on for easily another 55+ years....so why wait? It's just prolonging my suffering.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, SelfLiberation, TAW122 and 2 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
That sentence doesn't make any sense, why would I want to prolong the suffering? The sooner I go the sooner the pain ends

Reactions: LittleJem, TAW122 and Superdeterminist

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Why leave the prison now when your term will end up in 5/10/20/40 years? Why stop slaving now when eventually you will be free? The red phrase makes sense if a given life feels worth experiencing and prolonging. Why leave a good party now when you can wait until its end?

Maybe try and find reasons to keep going.
Find reasons to rationalize life when it doesn't feel enjoyable. I think it's common sense that someone living a mostly enjoyable life doesn't need reasons to keep going. I don't know if this coping method will work for everyone. It's like if I was to be systematically, involuntarily, anally fucked, and I would rationalize this experience as recieving a good stretching and endurance workout. Maybe I don't like this method.

Reactions: TAW122 and Superdeterminist
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Suffering is reason enough to rush.
Yes, very true.

You're going to get to die anyway, so why wait?

I'm not looking forward to "enjoying" another two or three decades of pain, loss and dissapointment, and I guess the quadriplegic from your post neither, but pro lifers arguments are always the same "live, for the hell of it" , no profound reason behind it.

Only the suffering, understand suffering.
Indeed, there is no objective or great meaning for suffering (I'm atheist so I don't believe in God or that there is a God). I agree with your last sentence too.

"I dont think many people have regretted not killing themselves sooner."

That person hasn't read this site. There are plenty of people who bemoan not having done it sooner. Not everyone thinks that way, but not everyone doesn't think that way, either.

The most voluntary death is the finest. Our life depends on the will of others; our death depends on our own. In nothing should we defer to our own feelings as much as in this. What others think has nothing to do with this business; it is madness to even consider it. Living is slavery if the freedom to die is lacking. (Emphasis mine.)

- Montaigne
That is a nice quote by Montaigne.

Because they have turds for brains. I am curious, though, if you don't mind: why does it matter what these idiots say? They are nothing. The glorious thing about claiming one's freedom and quitting is, a dead person does not have to justify themselves to anyone.

Actually this makes pro-lifers feel so helpless and enraged that they say, at a futile attempt at humour: I will kill you if commit suicide. Even they know they have nothing.
I partly mind since I get annoyed seeing such hypocrisy and incongruity in reasoning. Also, furthermore, I believe I have a good counter-argument against them so I decide to present mine here.

Why leave the prison now when your term will end up in 5/10/20/40 years? Why stop slaving now when eventually you will be free? The red phrase makes sense if a given life feels worth experiencing and prolonging. Why leave a good party now when you can wait until its end?

Find reasons to rationalize life when it doesn't feel enjoyable. I think it's common sense that someone living a mostly enjoyable life doesn't need reasons to keep going. I don't know if this coping method will work for everyone. It's like if I was to be systematically, involuntarily, anally fucked, and I would rationalize this experience as recieving a good stretching and endurance workout. Maybe I don't like this method.
The party analogy is a good one. Many pro-lifers in this party (party in this case is 'life' or 'existence') and they are either too deluded, distracted, and brainwashed that they are enjoying it to even acknowledge the ones who hate it. Yet for those who try to leave the party before it ends are punished by not only being barred from leaving the venue, but cast out to the quiet corner where they suffer until the end of the event.

• Hugs
Reactions: blueflame, GoodPersonEffed, 262653 and 1 other person
SelfLiberation

SelfLiberation

Thinking about ctb ever since I can remember
Oct 8, 2020
This rhetoric doesn't have any value, it could be easily reversed as, if we gonna die anyway, what's the difference between sooner or later?

Reactions: TAW122
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Right, you're going to die anyway, so why delay the inevitable? Life is temporary, so it's all about the moment and this should be enjoyable and about fulfilling onself in whatever sense one seeks. If one can't do that though, and knows this for certain, I personally don't see the point in prolonging misery and suffering just to meet the same unavoidable fate eventually, and possibly in a worse state.

Don't just want a dignified death, but life too, and unless one can use ones mind like Hawking as a means of escape I don't see being quadriplegic as a dignified existence. It's our bodies which allow us some form of escape, especially those of us who suffer from mhi.

Last edited: