S

sometimesoon

Student
Jul 9, 2024
Should there be general resources available on how to stream your own suicide?

We have lots of information on various methods, like hanging. We go to great lengths to explain it, how to do it, and various other techniques that will end your life.

So why don't we help others on how to properly stream their own suicide?

I know many people have negative feelings about streaming, but I also know many people who quietly tell me they are interested in streaming their last moments but not certain how to do it properly. You only get one chance at it, so you have to get it right

Should it not be considered a choice like anything else here?

I am certainly considering it, but I need tech-savvy skills to make it happen. It would be great if there were resources that I could read to take me through it step by step.

Opinions?

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
Methd infrmatn = availbl on th/ ste t/ prevnt ppl makng implsve decsns & causng thmslves lng-trm injry
& tryn2 hve sme contrl ovr thr dignty

Streamng = v problmatc & cn oftn b perform8tve s/ = nt smethng tht hs evr bn N-dorsd

Also streamng wll xpose membrs t/ b-ing postd on gore stes whre ppl xpernce satsfactn - bth psycholgcl & sexul - frm watchng ppl di & commnts on thse stes r graphc

& honstly wll nt hlp 'deth-clt' reputatn eithr

Ppl cn mke thr own decsns off-ste bt thnk tht guidng on ctb streamng wll nevr rlly b gd idea on SaSu

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: iloveloving, Nefera, uncat_ and 4 others
S

sometimesoon

Student
Jul 9, 2024
Methd infrmatn = availbl on th/ ste t/ prevnt ppl makng implsve decsns & causng thmslves lng-trm injry
& tryn2 hve sme contrl ovr thr dignty

Streamng = v problmatc & cn oftn b perform8tve s/ = nt smethng tht hs evr bn N-dorsd

Also streamng wll xpose membrs t/ b-ing postd on gore stes whre ppl xpernce satsfactn - bth psycholgcl & sexul - frm watchng ppl di & commnts on thse stes r graphc

& honstly wll nt hlp 'deth-clt' reputatn eithr

Ppl cn mke thr own decsns off-ste bt thnk tht guidng on ctb streamng wll nevr rlly b gd idea on SaSu

While I understand the argument, I think it applies to any method on SS, not just streaming. Lots of people argue that SS empowers people to CTB because it teaches and discusses methods. To me, streaming is a method that resonates in the same way hanging resonates, so it's not fundamentally different.

Dot

Dot

Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
While I understand the argument, I think it applies to any method on SS, not just streaming. Lots of people argue that SS empowers people to CTB because it teaches and discusses methods. To me, streaming is a method that resonates in the same way hanging resonates, so it's not fundamentally different.

D/ u mn in th/ wy tht hangng = cnsidrd 2 b intentlly 'visblly' violnt etc

nembutal

nembutal

everything will be okay in the end
Jul 14, 2022
i don't think not having readily available info on the topic means that the community is actively against streaming, i just think we haven't gotten around to discussing it thoroughly yet as there are more fundamental things to consider beforehand, if that makes sense. also the fact that a low % of people are probably willing to stream their last moments means there's not much discussion around it.

i'm all for it though, ive made many posts about this topic and questioning how exactly to go about making sure that a) the stream captures the act without any technical issues b) it is able to spread through the internet through a third party. so if you have any ideas go ahead and shoot.

S

sometimesoon

Student
Jul 9, 2024
D/ u mn in th/ wy tht hangng = cnsidrd 2 b intentlly 'visblly' violnt etc
I am just saying helping someone to understand how stream their suicide is not any different from someone helping to understand how to hang yourself. Its very similar

S

sometimesoon

Student
Jul 9, 2024
i don't think not having readily available info on the topic means that the community is actively against streaming, i just think we haven't gotten around to discussing it thoroughly yet as there are more fundamental things to consider beforehand, if that makes sense. also the fact that a low % of people are probably willing to stream their last moments means there's not much discussion around it.

i'm all for it though, ive made many posts about this topic and questioning how exactly to go about making sure that a) the stream captures the act without any technical issues b) it is able to spread through the internet through a third party. so if you have any ideas go ahead and shoot.
Well, right now, I am looking at what platforms would be best to stream on and a forum large enough to stream on without too many people being "shocked" by it—like no Facebook live PST.

I am looking at Telegram, Discord, and 4Chan, but I am not that familiar with them, so I need to research them. I use all of them, but not really from the live stream perspective.

I think its best to have a "turn on" and you are streaming than some complicated uploading process. It has to be simple and not likely to fail

I agree you do have to have people willing to "share" it. It will likely show up on a gore site, but I am not worried about that.

Feel free to discuss with me your thoughts

FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
It's very easy to stream video/audio in a distributed way. That is: without relying on a platform. Platforms should be avoided. The modern website exists in a hostile commercial-environment, making it impossible for charitable or hobbyist sites to exist for any length of time. I do not want to participate in surveillance-capitalism, which is the economic 'category' that most websites participate in, and I would advocate for a boycott on the industry.

For those technically minded the first statement should be obvious, but I would not instruct anyone on how to do. I'm suicidal, but I don't wish harm on anyone else. I don't want to see other people die. I think those who do have a morbid curiosity that they want to sate, and I want no part in it.

• Love
Reactions: sometimesoon