A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Why arnt they doing more research on anxiety and depression.

They spend so much money on cancer research, and other types of research. Why can't they or don't they do it for mental health like anxiety and depression?

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Why arnt they doing more research on anxiety and depression.

They spend so much money on cancer research, and other types of research. Why can't they or don't they do it for mental health like anxiety and depression?
They are, but unfortunately advancements take ages. Currently, in the news for new depression treatment is the drug spravato. It's similar to ketamine. Apparently it can help active suicidal ideation within 4 hours of taking it. I would try it if I could find a participating doctor's office.

Reactions: Marchioness, AutoTap and Weather
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
They are, but unfortunately advancements take ages. Currently, in the news for new depression treatment is the drug spravato. It's similar to ketamine. Apparently it can help active suicidal ideation within 4 hours of taking it. I would try it if I could find a participating doctor's office.
Ooh okay, I just never see anything about it.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Ooh okay, I just never see anything about it.
Yeah, unfortunately not much is announced. But spravato caught my attention. It's worth reading about. It's a nasal spray.

Reactions: AutoTap