Daxter_87

Daxter_87

If my name is crossed out, hopefully I'm dead.
May 28, 2023
This is going to sound extreme, but I place reproduction at the top of the hierarchy of evil. This does not mean that all other crimes are acceptable at all, they are totally horrific and they should never happen. However, breeding is by far the worst of all, and I will try to explain why as best as possible.

Having children implies the non-consensual creation of a being that didn't exist previously, and it opens up the potential for any and all conceivable harm in existence. Without procreation, it would be absolutely impossible for pain to exist. And this therefore means that it would be absolutely impossible for any crime (such as murder, rape, etc.) to exist.

Therefore, all other offences exist because of reproduction. It is the first and most fundamental atrocity, which allows the other ones to happen. And not only makes all other wrongdoing possible, it also leads to all the other types of suffering that aren't necessarily caused by crimes (such as illnesses, whether physical or mental).

In short, procreation is just an utterly awful thing to do.

• Wow
Reactions: lachrymost and MeltingBrain
m4rius

m4rius

Student
Dec 23, 2022
It's an inherently selfish act, for sure, but all of this is difficult to debate since we're all creatures that have complicated, primitive albeit strong instinctive needs to fulfill our selfish biological desires.

I just think you can't really blame most ppl on such matters, because we are still primates. Hypothetically though, if you were someone that had no feelings of creating a family, of reproduction itself, nothing at all, like you're barely human and yet you still decided to create life for your own amusement that's when it's outright vile. I guess the same applies to those that have subpar living conditions for a child.

Personally, I'd only have a child if I knew damn well its environment would be top-notch. 99th percentile. There's many ways to prevent your child's suffering and instead have it thrive, so many "parents" pop out babies without giving two fucks like it's nothing. No research, no care. It's disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: lachrymost and UseItOrLoseIt
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I agree, it's such a harmful, disgusting and unacceptable thing to do forcing life into this hellish reality as after all, all the suffering that humans go through is ultimately caused by the fact that they exist in the first place. The non-existent should always be left alone in peace, the compassionate thing would be to let this species go voluntarily extinct so that no human has to be tortured by existence ever again, it's undeniable that existence itself is the true problem.

Reactions: Daxter_87
MeltingBrain

MeltingBrain

Mage
May 29, 2023
With the possibility of suffering also comes the possibility of leading a happy, productive life . The joy of materialism, parenthood, relationships, intimacy, work satisfaction, charity, discovery and a million other joys ordinary people enjoy everyday far outweighs their grief over time.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I think it depends entirely on the competence of the parent. Would he be able to provide, does he have the emotional capacity and endurance to lay out a healthy emotional foundation in which the child can thrive.
But it is always selfish. And as such irresponsible, to a degree. There's always the risk to create a life of misery, even if you have all the potential of a good parent. The genetic game is random random. That doesn't mean no one should do it though. The unfortunate thing is obviously that it's related to just the most pleasurable thing in the world. So many, many necessary abortions won't be done.