L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hi, I dont know how to rent a room because of my mental health issues and that I take weed. My family dont want me using weed but without it I am agitated all day. Does anyone have a room/need rent/any suggestions? Am currently in London but any UK suggestions appreciated

• Hugs
Reactions: Jadzia and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Totally understand your predicament LG but please be careful!

Is a single bed flat out of your price range? Because something like that would make things much simpler. London prices are insane though, I know. Maybe you could move out to the outskirts of the city or into a relatively nearby town. Prices start to fall then. Its a really crappie time to be searching for a rental home though. Full time jobs not covering the cost of living. Getting a room in a share house is always mega risky. People generally fall out and if you're struggling with MH problems that's an amplified problem. Not to mention the people that come and go and could predate the vulnerable.

Reactions: No Entertainment and LittleJem
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I dont understand benefits as am just a bit over threshold so dont qualify yet. Id be happy to get a bedsit. I dont know anyone outsode of London but might be wiser to move as London so pricey. I dont think housemates will work unless they understand mh/drugs.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Even if you find decent house mates they come and go and the next ones are a dice roll.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Hi can you use edibles so there's not a smell that housemates would notice? Sorry I get it can be really hard to find a place.

toasterbath

toasterbath

Jun 26, 2022
can you vape it instead, that has no smell really?

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I do use edibles, I just dont think Im a suitable person to live with for housemates unless they also had the same issues. I need a crack den or something. I used to live with someone with Bipolar who used drugs and at least he understood the state I was in and it didn't trouble him. Like a drug addict houseshare...I do know one person who is just out of prision and anpther with schizophrenia but I thjnk both of them wabt to date me and not sure I want to...Currently with family who dont want me on drugs. Not sure I can do much longer with depression and no drugs or in general