zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
how would i be able to or more efficiently remove most traces of me from the internet
say socials and their messages
i would like to disappear before i ctb, both physically and in records

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: coked_pigeon, DoomValuer, Lys_C15H25N3O_d3 and 2 others
A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
I know some sites allow you to delete your account or they may allow you to delete the data associated with your account. I would look underneath account settings. I'm no first rate web designer, I'm just your average tech using kid though.

I'll miss you when you're gone though. I know this is strange since we're both strangers but I feel like you're one of the users I'm close to. I always see your posts and I believe you frequently comment on my posts. I can recognize you just by your profile picture. Hell, that's what brought my attention to this post. Sorry, don't mind me. I'm just rambling on and on again...

glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
you sadly can't :/ even if they "delete" your account. your date is always there and on some sites it still searchable like reddit (which is why I hate it now lol It's the worse, at least other social medias somewhat hide your date from everyone else while on reddits it's just searchable)

Reactions: DyingToDie123 and lachrymost
leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
Most social medias allow you to either delete your account or edit your posts. Either delete your account or go back on all your posts and replace them with "[REDACTED]" or something like that.
Once you've sorted out all the accounts, delete your email account afterwards.
(also I don't recall seeing you before but nice to see another watamote fan here)

wastingtime

wastingtime

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
Aug 21, 2023
what i've done so far is delete accounts from forums etc where i dont want irl's to ever find out, deactivated my twitter account, deleted all posts off my tiktok/instagram so i have an account for my irls but nothing for them to look back to. i also deleted all my gallery photos and my pinterest boards.

i recommend searching your most used username on google and see how it looks and what accounts you can delete. i remembered about my wattpad profile from 10 years ago this way lol

Reactions: lachrymost
zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
I'll miss you when you're gone though. I know this is strange since we're both strangers but I feel like you're one of the users I'm close to. I always see your posts and I believe you frequently comment on my posts. I can recognize you just by your profile picture. Hell, that's what brought my attention to this post. Sorry, don't mind me. I'm just rambling on and on again...
thanks bro
if you ever need anything u can chat to me while im still here
and man, still alive from 2005? even though we r only a year apart, it feels like ur too young for this
another watamote fan here
im the only watamote fan in existence btw
you should just take moko out of ur mind NOW!

• Hugs
Reactions: wastingtime and Arcitect
zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
Just delete all your accounts and stop posting.
i understand that, but even if my account is deleted, the messages ive sent will remain
ive found scripts to purge some of my socials
but the main ones like instagram remain

steppenwolf

steppenwolf

Not a student
Oct 25, 2023
Yeah, I just deleted my post to demonstrate that point.

You can't remove yourself from other people's recollection. You might try flashing a really bright LED in their eyes and pretend to yourself its wiped their memory of you. They'll forget soon enough anyway.

giphy.webp

A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
thanks bro
if you ever need anything u can chat to me while im still here
and man, still alive from 2005? even though we r only a year apart, it feels like ur too young for this
You're welcome. Thanks, I'll keep your contact in mind : ).
Yeah, I put that tag there in case I ever ctb. That way I'll update it to something like: "Expired (2005 - 20XX)". That way people will know I'm not here and so they won't try to interact with me.

I'm sorry we both ended up here. We both do seem too young but life seems to have dealt me a bad hand and I'm slowly breaking down. I used to be able to handle the stress and suffering but every day I lose a bit of myself. I've lost interest in a lot of my old hobbies, I've lost a few friends (they ghosted me), I've been traumatized time after time. I can't handle it anymore, I finally passed my breaking point and its all downhill from here :(.

• Hugs
Reactions: LonelyStarrySky
leloyon

leloyon

Feb 4, 2023
im the only watamote fan in existence btw
you should just take moko out of ur mind NOW!
Mokocchi is literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like her. There is no way you can convince me that I'm not Mokocchi. Mokocchi could not possibly be any more me. It's me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me about this not possibly being me, I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that Mokocchi was me. Mokocchi is absolutely me; it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that Mokocchi is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and Mokocchi side by side, you'd see no difference. I can safely look at Mokocchi every day and say, "Yup, she's me." I can practically see Mokocchi whenever I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside, and people stop me from commenting on how similar I look and act as Mokocchi is. I chuckle softly as I'm assured every day Mokocchi is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed each morning, knowing that I've found my identity with Mokocchi and I know my place in this world. It's amusing how similar she is to me; it's almost like identical twins. When I first saw Mokocchi, I had an existential crisis. What it Mokocchi was the real me and I was the fictional being? What if she actually became aware of my existence? Did she have the ability to become self-aware?
So thus you better take me outta your mind, you're no fan of mine!

• Yay!
Reactions: tiger b, ThanatopicFugue and wastingtime
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
how would i be able to or more efficiently remove most traces of me from the internet
I won't be able to cover all of the ways you can remove traces of you from the internet and prevent new traces (or minimize them) but I can provide some basics and some concepts.

The number one rule for things like this is to appropriately threat model which means you need to consider who you're going against, for example is it LE trying to find evidence that your suicide was because of coercion or how you got controlled chemicals that you used such as SN (if your country restricts high purity) and opioids.

The next step is actually taking measures to prevent this, such as encrypting and writing over all your past data to prevent data recovery. If you suspect someones going to try and analyze data on your drives.

So for removing your footprint on social media would be restricting as much data they receive as possible so you'd do that using the browser version (if available) in something like Firefox or Brave that you've hardened yourself then try to stop using social media as much as you can. You can also try to purge as much information as possible on them if it's a major concern but I wouldn't know how to do that.

zeek

zeek

omg mokocchi
Oct 18, 2023
Mokocchi is literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like her. There is no way you can convince me that I'm not Mokocchi. Mokocchi could not possibly be any more me. It's me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me about this not possibly being me, I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that Mokocchi was me. Mokocchi is absolutely me; it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that Mokocchi is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and Mokocchi side by side, you'd see no difference. I can safely look at Mokocchi every day and say, "Yup, she's me." I can practically see Mokocchi whenever I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside, and people stop me from commenting on how similar I look and act as Mokocchi is. I chuckle softly as I'm assured every day Mokocchi is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed each morning, knowing that I've found my identity with Mokocchi and I know my place in this world. It's amusing how similar she is to me; it's almost like identical twins. When I first saw Mokocchi, I had an existential crisis. What it Mokocchi was the real me and I was the fictional being? What if she actually became aware of my existence? Did she have the ability to become self-aware?
So thus you better take me outta your mind, you're no fan of mine!
have u even read it smh my head

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Depends what you're looking for. There are a few paid services that'll delete all your Facebook posts (but really it's just easier to delete your account), delete all those weird sources of data they have on you out on the internet, etc. It's a hassle though. And I'm no expert.

LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
Honestly CTB was one of my main reasons for taking online privacy more seriosly since I wanted to prevent having data about me found out. I have watched Techlore's go incognito course as well as Sumsub which gives you tips on what to do and how to assess your internet usage for the future(or well at least your CTB like in my case) I am still using solid privacy. I don't reccomend using google services especially if you keep data on your CTB methods. I have all of my dearest data offline and some of my CTB poems and screwed up pics I wanna store on a seperate USB drive and keep it hidden. It will would be hard for me to delete them, but wouldn't want anyone else looking at anything I have left behind. But having it stored offline gives me much more control when deleting myself from this world.

For social media accounts delete as much of it as you can, your old posts, and everything and then delete them. Its a good idea you threat model as well to know who are you protecting your data from and how to protect it. My take on this is to educate yourself and take the matters into your own hands, because I don't really trust them. If you got any questions just ask.

Reactions: NoLoveNoHope
leloyon

leloyon

Feb 4, 2023
have u even read it smh my head
read it all and even bought one of the physical books, bucko :^)
Watamote
though that means she aint literally me cuz things actually improve for her

vivisectiondoll

vivisectiondoll

she never was / she never will
Jun 2, 2023
i'd go through you email to weed out all the social sites you use, and delete each account one by one. on most sites, your messages will disappear shortly after your account.
but really, sweetheart, i hope you can get through this. i know these kinds of things can feel patronizing, and i would never try to sway you a certain way with what you want to do with your life, but if you can't find someone to reach out to, i check this site every night and i'll respond. take care of yourself. <3.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Don't forget to access your router and delete the information stored on there.

• Informative
Reactions: Lys_C15H25N3O_d3 and Lostandlooking