T

TheFifthDay

Jan 30, 2021
I've been noticing more and more lately I'm thinking about little details from the past and every time I remember them I smile a little at the fact I actually remembered. And I feel a little sting in my heart that those times are gone. I just watched some youtuber messing around on minecraft and I started remembering how I first got interested in it, how I watched someone explain how mining works, how enemies spawn at night and the devs are working on adding new trees but they're buggy. I remembered skydoesminecraft, his hunger games and jailbreak series, how I started to find modding, when hunger was introduced. All these little things I haven't thought about in years. If I think about school I might remember a classroom I never really paid mind to or a little laugh I had at lunch, a friend I lost contact with, or a friend who went separate ways, or a little happy memory of a home I hate. Playing outside in winter, sniffing the flowers of a now long gone gardenia. Picking berries in summer, more than I could ever eat, a good harvest every year before they started dying out. The feeling of midnight being a mysterious hour. And 3am a different reality. Back when I called it "forbidden", not "bedtime" That winter air. Christmas day feeling early and cool crisp while kinda warm. Opening a present and booting up a new mario game, wondering where to put my new things and wishing winter break would last forever. I'm reminding myself of so many small wonders, better times and a childlike happiness. Every one of those memories is a little ache and a small chuckle because it's only when I expect to be around maybe a few more weeks or months that I start remembering them. I've not even done anything and my life is already flashing before me. Kinda funny

Reactions: Astral316
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
The part about the deep night times is something I miss as well. It was interesting to stay awake into those hours and that is lost as time progresses

T

TheFifthDay

Jan 30, 2021
You get some of it back if you go to bed really early for a few days because then the night is just so sooo long, but it's never quite the same. The mystique of it is gone

İnilerim

İnilerim

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah, I've been doing the same. Remembering, or being reminded of a lot of little details of the past. Just watched a video on TwitchPlaysPokemon, and remembered being there when it all unfolded.