AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
On August 17th 22:42 AEST @lokabe82 drank a solution of water and Sodium Nitrite. Her last moments, though not peaceful, were tolerable compared to the alternative. She was nauseous. She said it hurt, and that she was vomiting. I can only assume she managed to drink a second glass... and keep it down.

Sadly I can confirm that she has passed.

It seems crass to refer to my dear friend by her username. However, out of respect for the traumas leading to her CTB, I will continue to refer to her as Lokabe throughout this post.

I originally met Lokabe on this site during a night of great distress for her. She was going to CTB impulsively in a way that was likely to fail, ending up with her in a psych ward... or worse. I offered to reach out, and she happily accepted my offer. I didn't expect to talk to her more than once, but what developed from there was a beautiful and unique friendship. One I am extremely grateful to have been blessed with.

She was a kind, caring and understanding soul. She was funny, intelligent and wise. I looked up to her like a big sister. We were of a similar age but in truth I felt like a child next to her. She had many stories to tell, experiences to draw from and she was always willing to tell me the blunt truth; even if it hurt in the moment.

There's nothing I can say about Lokabe that would do her justice. It's everything people say about those they love, and I really do love her. She truly was an incredible person. Trauma, mental illness and loneliness were not enough to bury that from me. Even if she would never believe it. I saw it.

Her final months on this Earth were ones of immense suffering. Anxiety, stress, paranoia and ultimately despair wrecked havoc on her daily life. However, one thing is for certain; without you, the SaSu community, she could not have found her peace. As devastated as I am by her passing, she would want me to thank each and everyone of you here (at least most of you. I'm sure some of you pissed her off or upset her). So... from her (and I)... thank you. Thank you for helping her find community. Thank you to the admin and mod team who manage this forum. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to befriend her. Thank you.

To SaSu, Lokabe was a faceless one of thousands seeking help and support. To the world, she was one of billions living through unheard despair. To me though... she was my best friend. So if I may make a personal appeal... please read her post history. Like all of us, she had a story. One I want to be heard and not forgotten.

I hope by reading her posts, you too can see how talented of a writer Lokabe was. She gave words to feelings I couldn't. Through the lense of her suffering, she gave room for me to understand my own. If you can relate to her struggles even a little bit, she may do the same for you. Even in death.

Rest easy and embrace the void, Lokabe. Your suffering is over now.

With all that being said, I leave you with her final words:

"it is... what it is".

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: grahf, exitplease, woundfvcker and 48 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
@AllFoxedOut beautifully said!!!

RIP @lokabe82

• Love
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, Sannti, アホペンギン and 2 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
This is beautiful. I, too, miss Lokabe. She was an amazing person and I'm devastated to have seen her go. I hope she found her peace, wherever she is.

Rest easy, @lokabe82 ❤️

• Love
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, F&Inside, Sannti and 2 others
MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
I miss her so much, but at least I can smile knowing I'll meet her again

• Love
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, Sannti, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
ayaneechan

ayaneechan

Angelic Demon
May 7, 2023
Ur a great friend and it's something really hard to find

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, F&Inside, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least all those gone are now free from all suffering, rest in peace.

• Love
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, F&Inside, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Waterr

Waterr

The messiest Trans-Fem
Aug 21, 2023
I had only joined this site shortly after this event, im terribly sorry for what occurred, im sure her suffering now has ended and shes in a better place. Rest In Peace Lokabe82, you where incredibly strong :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, locked*n*loaded, F&Inside and 2 others
D

Deleted member 65988

Haven't been on this forum for a few days and seeing this, it's so sad but at least she had a friend like you in the end, it's more than she could've asked for during tough times. Thank you for doing that. Wonderfully said as well here.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, locked*n*loaded, Sannti and 2 others
WaffleWoman

WaffleWoman

Ready to sleep
May 16, 2023
While I didn't have the opportunity to meet her she sounds like a wonderful person. May she rest in peace

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, locked*n*loaded, Sannti and 1 other person
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
That's a beautiful story although tragic. I'm sorry you lost your best friend. May she rest in peace. Thank you for sharing with the community

• Love
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
thank you all for the kind words. not only to me but especially Lokabe.

I never wanted to live until the day I saw her name crossed out but here we are...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, corazon, WaffleWoman and 2 others
sadhappygirl

sadhappygirl

Jun 11, 2023
rest in peace 🕊️

• Love
Huggs

Huggs

Wish for peace
Jul 6, 2023
It's terrible what this world does to so many wonderful people. I'm glad that you were able to support each other. She's at peace, but it's a great loss.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Sannti and AllFoxedOut