demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Does anyone else experience problems with remembering your childhood or most of your life? But you didn't really go through extreme trauma / abuse?

For example, I can't remember most of my childhood (before about age 15) . In recent years with high school, I choose not to dwell on those years as high school was painful, isolating, infuriating. However recently, I did come to the realization (from reading another thread) that my life before HS was not so much better than during/after, I was only idealizing the past because HS was so bad. But I can clearly recall being just as desperate to leave middle school at graduation as I was HS. Because I was also somewhat isolated, but it wasn't as bad as it got to be going into HS and now (after). Such as in middle school, I had two close friends, and a circle of other friends who I could talk to and wanted to hang out with me. Now I have only one friend..

Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, Captive of Mind, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
My first memories are of childhood traumas, I just wanted to do with these motherfuckers everything they did to me when I didn't have the strength to defend myself

Reactions: Pho3nix, Ghost2211, demuic and 4 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Does anyone else experience problems with remembering your childhood or most of your life? But you didn't really go through extreme trauma / abuse?
yes i do too but i also have issues with memory in general. stress is a big factor when it comes to these remembering issues for me. even though i used (and still do for the sake of coping) to sugarcoat most experiences in my life, after all, if im honest, life was and is full of trauma and stress. i think no one has to get abused in order to get traumatized.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Deleted member 4993 and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
I remember well my childhood. It was great then.

• Love
Reactions: Homecoming, Deleted member 4993 and _Minsk
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
There are days I can't remember much, everything seems blurry. And there are days they are way too vivid.

• Hugs
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, demuic, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
My childhood is mostly just a fog with a few memories scattered here and there. It's difficult for me to recall most of it, I assume I've repressed a lot.

• Hugs
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, Captive of Mind, demuic and 4 others
H

Homecoming

Wizard
Aug 14, 2020
I have traumatic chilhood, and I remember it vividly, because it was so violent and brutal.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Misfit72, VIBRITANNIA, demuic and 4 others
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
My memory is so shit and my childhood seems empty because I can't remember much of it. Inability to remember things is definitely a reason for ctb.

Reactions: Homecoming and demuic
M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
My memory is so shit and my childhood seems empty because I can't remember much of it. Inability to remember things is definitely a reason for ctb.

I'm the opposite - I remember too much of my childhood, and adulthood, and it feels like everything bad that has happened to me happened today.

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
I'm the opposite - I remember too much of my childhood, and adulthood, and it feels like everything bad that has happened to me happened today.
That has got to be a lot harder to deal with. Trauma from my adult life does that to me though. It's just my childhood that feels erased.

M

Misfit72

Student
Aug 25, 2020
That has got to be a lot harder to deal with. Trauma from my adult life does that to me though. It's just my childhood that feels erased.

It is - my mother died when I was six, and while it didn't hit me at the time, as I wasn't taken to her funeral, it hit me four years later when I was taken to her grave, after which I was expected to be able to process it and get over it. If my father predeceases me, I'm boycotting his funeral.

The adulthood problems I had are unrelated, I don't see them as being caused by my childhood ones, more my own personal inadequacies, like defeatism, but the latter have come to the surface in a big way.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i can remember important bits that made me feel something (whether it was good or bad), but there's a certain memory i can't remember the entirety of, no matter how hard i try. i don't know if i want to remember it, though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Homecoming, demuic and Misfit72