• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Proud Normie
Sep 19, 2023
If you're on the recovery road, you know there is a lot of negativity out there. Negativity - for whatever reason - has a correlation with arrogance. I've been that guy: 'oh life is awful and if you're enjoying the little things you just don't see it.'

Here's the thing: being miserable is not winning. Being miserable is not a symptom of having figured out life. If someone has come to a conclusion about the world that negates the possibility of happiness, and they are determined to look no further, they've lost and given up. Do not let someone like that tell you how to go about life - assuming you want to recover . . . assuming you want to get to a point where life is worth it to you.

That person may be very smart in some other way, but when it comes to getting their shit together and living life, they have a loooooong way to go to say the least. That type of misery can become an addiction. (Speaking from experience.) Just like an alcoholic might be a mathematical genius, I still don't want to imitate him if I am trying to get sober. If they can admit that fault, and try to help you identify where they messed up, they can be great support. But if they are sitting there clearly stumbling over themselves telling you how in control they are, it might be best to steer clear.

And they may tell you they are happy. Just like the alcoholic insisting they don't have a problem. Look past it. See in their eyes. Misery doesn't lie.

It's okay to not be miserable.

• Love
Reactions: ryba and ferrie