Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
So, I acquired a second hand Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e. It arrived with its bootloader unlocked. Apparently an attempt to install a custom ROM had been trialed but not completed. I reset Android to factory settings but would like now to relock the bootloader cause it's preventing some apps to function properly, as a security measure.
I don't know how to do it and failed to manage to get help online (Reddit & co)
Any tecchy geeks out there ?

Screen at boot
93B909D3 9266 4FCC AEB4 F67ED3BED45B

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, grungeCat and Deleted member 1465
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
Thank you. Like you I played with Odin before to install custom ROM. Like you, my memory fails me.
Here I want to lock again the bootloader instead, so it's the other way around. I guess it's done on the phone/tablet software but I may have to plug it to a computer beforehand ? Anyway, I'm missing the instructions steps for this specific hardware model

grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I'm sorry. Don't do it the way I wrote! I did a little research and it seems the procedures for re-locking are now completely different from what I used to do. I guess I will not help you with that. Sorry I might have misinformed you! Oh dear, on tech forum I would surely have been banned by now...

• Hugs
Reactions: Viro_Major
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
lol here you're sacred for trying. We remember the good intentions :kiss:

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and grungeCat
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
It's also been a while for me since I've played with custom ROMS, but I highly recommend searching XDA forums.

If there's nothing here, you'll probably have better luck posting a thread there asking.

• Hugs
Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020
It's also been a while for me since I've played with custom ROMS, but I highly recommend searching XDA forums.

If there's nothing here, you'll probably have better luck posting a thread there asking.

Thanks for the tip ! Will do

Viro_Major

Viro_Major

Rad maker
Jul 30, 2020

Thank you, the dudes and dudettes there helped. Too bad, relocking the bootloader requires to flash the ROM with Odin, leading to a reset to factory settings. Bad luck since I spent hours to transfer my stuff from the previous tablet already. Grrrr wasted time. Motivation motivation. Hope to be set for a couple years

On another note, out of purpose, I had been an avid user of iOS tablets but I admit they feel like toys compared to Android. The Android environnement is much more pro and flexible about features when it comes to workload. The devil lies in the details. Anyway I don't regret the switch. This flagship device is a sweet deal, plus lighter, thinner bezels. iPad are suited for grandmas with big thumbs and poor eyesight. Love the DEX of Samsung, will order a side keyboard

Last edited:
waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
As a side rant I can't stand the XDA forum because it is so disorganized.

• Hugs