Echo81

Echo81

Feb 5, 2021
Hello fellow Humans, I have a few musings and would like to hear the community's opinions.

Background- I plan on SN ctb by the end of this week. I was raised Catholic and as an adult have found personal truth and solace in different branches of Buddhism and a few Hindu beliefs. I believe in afterlife and reincarnation.

Do any members have spiritual or religious aspects that they plan to include as part of ctb? As in chants, prayer, mantras, music of any kind like Mozart, etc. Or anything really?

Is anyone aware of any rituals that are carried out for chosen ctb? I don't even know how to search for something like that. I will be having a meaningful spiritual connection to my universe and surroundings. Want music and peace, nothing dark. I believe in spirits and ghosts and entities like that just wait to pounce with glee upon souls in pain.

Also, why do most societies demonize suicide?
Every single thing that has ever lived dies. Why is is SO BAD to choose when to die? How is that worse than dying a horrible death from illness or disease or living a life of abuse, horror, bad choices, bad luck etc? Keeping a suffering terminally ill human alive until they pass naturally is wrong and cruel but deemed normal and expected.

Why do we not have more power and more say? Why is it a crime to choose our fate? Why are family and friends so sad if this is what we want and the only way rt end the pain? It is more ethical to force people to suffer? Depression, anxiety, shitty lives, health problems, not everything can be cured or fixed by 'medicines' amd/or shit doctors. Why is mental and emotional pain less worthy than pain with a 6 month to live diagnoses? Why six months? Why are there suicide holiness who call the police on those who call just to talk? (Personally know someone who got the swat team called on them because they had registered guns, was ex military and posed zero threat to anyone else and would never actually take his own life)
Fuck those hotlines- they are traps for the vulnerable.

Reactions: greyhound
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
A large part of the problem is the incredibly powerful medical establishment, who earn huge sums of money promoting the belief they are gods who can cure anything if you pay them enough, go for enough therapy sessions, etc.

To allow suicide is to admit they are not gods and cannot cure everyone and everything.

Reactions: Echo81
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Allowing someone to wither away by old age, cancer, or some incurable disease is cruel. Notice how the people who are against euthanasia are usually young and healthy. What gives them the right to tell someone who wants to end their pain in a dignified manner otherwise. Not everyone wants their last moments to be hooked up to a machine not knowing right from left because of pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: archipelago and Echo81
LifeQuitter2018

LifeQuitter2018

Wanderer
Aug 12, 2018
Since you said you have belief in Buddhism and reincarnation, I advise you to read the book "Bardo Thodol" aka "The Tibetan Book of The Dead".
It won't be an easy read, but the explanation in there will be profound.

Echo81

Echo81

Feb 5, 2021
Since you said you have belief in Buddhism and reincarnation, I advise you to read the book "Bardo Thodol" aka "The Tibetan Book of The Dead".
Thank you, have downloaded and begun delving in.

Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
I suppose I could try and summon baphomet again.

Echo81

Echo81

Feb 5, 2021
Thank you so much for this tip. I have heard of this work before and never checked it out. I now feel rushed trying to take it all in and thankfully there are YouTube videos to help. Now I am having anxiety because it is very important to me to have prayers read during or after and I am not sure if I will be able to work this issue out. I can't exactly ask any of my friends.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018