• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

eternaldream

eternaldream

Oct 22, 2023
I feel that if I commit suicide, then I will be punished in the next world. perhaps because of religion. I am a very empathic person, I have a keen sense of justice. I feel sorry for all the people who suffer, and if something happens to someone, then I get the feeling that I will also have to go through it, otherwise why is he suffering. My life is not entirely bad, I have a roof over my head and food. In general, I feel ungrateful, but I don't want to live at all, I suffer every day...

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, Forever Sleep and leavingthesoultrap
D

d2reason

-
Feb 2, 2024
Do you have a clear sense or belief about what happens after you die? If not, I suspect your fear is that of not knowing— not of the thing itself.

Reactions: Homo erectus, doormat25, goblin99 and 2 others
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Yeah, the dread of being thrown into even worse situation via reincarnation.
The thing is what if it's just random and no matter what you do or don't it might just be roll of a dice.

Reactions: Homo erectus and eternaldream
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
My personal opinion about religions:

Religions are man made to control the masses of people by fear. If there is an almighty, all-forgiving, all-merciful god he wouldn't let you suffer so much so that you have to consider suicide, just to punish you afterwards in hell forever or in another life? That simply doesn't make sense to me.

My life is not entirely bad, I have a roof over my head and food. In general, I feel ungrateful, but I don't want to live at all, I suffer every day...
I'm sorry you are suffering and you have to go through this but actually having a roof over the head and food doesn't make a life in our society anymore where we have to live in. Well, yes, it could be much worse, but it's our personal life we experience not that one of others.

Our situations are probably completely different. I also have a roof over my head and food every day but that's not the life that's worth to be lived for me after I failed in life a few years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus, goblin99 and eternaldream
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
It's the not knowing that puts people off. I don't believe in god but I think there something out there. I would hate to CTB and still be me.

Reactions: eternaldream
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see anything like that as being fictional personally, I believe all suffering is as a result of existence with death being the permanent release from all suffering, I very strongly believe death to be nothing more than an dreamless, eternal sleep. But anyway I hope that you eventually find the peace you search for.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Yeah, the dread of being thrown into even worse situation via reincarnation.
The thing is what if it's just random and no matter what you do or don't it might just be roll of a dice.
Most notions of reincarnation, at least according to eastern religions that have primarily put forth the notion, base it on karma.

So the important questions are:

1. have you accrued positive karma? Done acts of loving kindness? If not, what can you do today and in the time you have left, to be compassionate?

2. Suicide itself results in grief for our family and community. I don't believe we carry responsibility or should feel ashamed in any capacity for this. But if rebirth occurs, you will be reborn into a world where the ripples of this grief/karma could have a subtle effect on your life. The "size" of this karma is probably fairly minor compared to that accrued over a lifetime, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about it. Question 1 is far more relevant.

I think if we commit to loving kindness right now, we have little to fear on the off-chance of rebirth.

Still, proper deliberation and meditations on subjects such as attachment, aversion, and ignorance should be performed to determine if ctb is truly in our best interests, so we maximize our karmic impact. I'd like to think exhausting our options for treatment or recovery is part of this process.

Psychospiritual and emotional preparation for dying is very important. The best thing we can do is be patient and easy on ourselves ❤️

• Love
Reactions: eternaldream, doormat25, rozeske and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Life is so cruel

Bad things happen to good people all the time, for no reason at all. Life's cruelty is indiscriminate.
Life also doesn't care how much you've sacrificed or how hard you've worked. Just because you earned something or deserved it doesn't mean you'll get it.

The universe is cold and uncaring. It operates based on the random collisions of molecules, not a sense of purpose or destiny. There are no guarantees in life, no matter how carefully you plan or how diligently you work. Life's cruelty is arbitrary and meaningless.
Life can be cruel; there's just no getting around it. Bad things happen to good people all the time. You could be the most virtuous, generous soul on the planet and still get dealt a bad hand.

It's not fair, but it's reality. You can work hard your whole life and still end up with nothing to show for it. You might suffer a terrible illness or injury through no fault of your own. Someone you love and trust could betray or abandon you unexpectedly.

The world is indifferent to the suffering of individuals. As much as we like to believe in karma, there is little evidence that the universe bends toward justice or that good deeds are rewarded. While life has moments of beauty, joy, and connection, it also contains immense suffering, and there is no rhyme or reason for who experiences what.

Some people live lives of relative comfort, while others endure immense hardships through no fault of their own. Children get cancer, natural disasters strike, and famine and drought ravage communities. There is no cosmic reason why some suffer more; it is merely the result of a cold, random universe. The truth is that the distribution of suffering is wildly uneven and unjust.

Life can be cruel in ways we don't expect and often can't control. Hard times happen to us all, and while we can take steps to influence our circumstances, we have limited say over many of life's hardships.

You may do everything "right"—work hard, treat others with kindness, make good choices—yet still face difficulties. Loved ones get sick, natural disasters strike, jobs are lost, and relationships end. We can't prevent all of life's troubles, as much as we may try. Some amount of suffering and setback is inevitable for every person.

Cruelty is an unfortunate part of human nature. We all have the capacity for cruelty, which is the willingness to inflict physical or psychological pain on others. Some argue cruelty is a byproduct of things like greed, hatred, or the desire for power over others.
Life can be cruel and unfair. There is no cosmic justice or karma—bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. It's random and indifferent. The universe doesn't care about fairness or just outcomes.

Don't expect that if you live a virtuous life, good things will come to you—or that if you wrong others, misfortune will befall you. Karma is a comforting idea, but there's no evidence it operates in real life. Chance and randomness govern the world, not some mysterious moral force.

Life can be cruel—there's no way around it. As much as we try to avoid pain and suffering, it's an inescapable part of the human experience.
Heartbreak, grief, stress, anxiety, depression, loneliness, failure, rejection, guilt, regret—the list of sources for emotional anguish is endless. Our complex minds and relationships mean we frequently face mental and emotional struggles. The truth is, if you live long enough, you will experience deep emotional pain at some point.

Reactions: Introspector, eternaldream and Praestat_Mori
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
My personal opinion about religions:

Religions are man made to control the masses of people by fear. If there is an almighty, all-forgiving, all-merciful god he wouldn't let you suffer so much so that you have to consider suicide, just to punish you afterwards in hell forever or in another life? That simply doesn't make sense to me.
This conceptualization of religion seems to be based more on theistic & Abrahamic religions (e.g., christianity, islam, judaism).

There are religions that rectify the philosophical problem of evil that you described by admitting that maybe there is not a mythical God manning the light at the end of the tunnel; being intellectually honest about the fact that suffering is merciless and indifferent.

Whether we believe in non-theistic religions is its own question, but we shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater just because Abrahamic religions assume an all knowing, all powerful, all good God, there's an infinitude of alternative hypotheses & possibilities.

I'm obviously biased, but then we're all partial to some tacit assumptions on the basis of our participation on this forum.

• Love
Reactions: rozeske and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This conceptualization of religion seems to be based more on theistic & Abrahamic religions (e.g., christianity, islam, judaism).
Yes, it's mainly based on those religions. Nonetheless I think any religion / religious believes are an invention of man kind but there's nothing "natural" / "instinctive" behind it. If that was the case "religion and beliefs" wouldn't be so different all over the world.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
The world is indifferent to the suffering of individuals. As much as we like to believe in karma, there is little evidence that the universe bends toward justice or that good deeds are rewarded.
I think you may be conflating karma with justice. The western perception of karma tends to misrepresent karma as such a lot of the time.

Karma doesn't assume that good deeds are rewarded interpersonally, or otherwise. It directly assumes the indifference of suffering, per your original rheroric. What it does is posit that we can release ourselves from reliance to the system of external rewards to experience purpose and fulfilment.

Accruing "good" karma is not about being rewarded; the point is that the fruits of paradise themselves are distracting from the goal of overcoming suffering as they keep us on the hedonistic treadmill. "Heaven" is undesirable according to the way karma was originally posited outside the west as it maintains the cycle which perpetuates indifferent suffering.

I don't have 100% buy-in to the idea of karma, but I think it's important to represent it accurately and dispell the western myths of karma.
Yes, it's mainly based on those religions. Nonetheless I think any religion / religious believes are an invention of man kind but there's nothing "natural" / "instinctive" behind it. If that was the case "religion and beliefs" wouldn't be so different all over the world.
Why wouldn't they be different?

If suffering is indifferent, shouldn't too our symbolic representations? If entropy is law, then humans will be ubiquitously fallible, including our ideas.

Even scientific materialism is divided.

I'm not advocating for religion FYI. I'm advocating for epistemic universalism/consistency regarding how we appraise religion or materialism.

Afterall, I myself am an all-knowing god ;)
(Joking of course; I'm just a mumbling beggar who wishes to die – be it physically or phenomenologically – without symbolic form)

Last edited:
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
In the Gnostic view reincarnation occurs but karma doesnt exist.
I like the ideas of Buddhism my only issue is with karma. I cant agree with the notion that victims deserve what happened to them because of bad karma from a previous life.

Reactions: Homo erectus and eternaldream
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
There is probably continuity between lives. But it is difficult to say if suicide is punished or detrimental in reincarnation. For one, it saves energy, leaving more energy for next existence, most likely a good thing.