girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
Anyone else rejected their parents while you were young? i was never the child they wanted and they were never parents i needed. sometime during adolescence my mindset changed from hatred to ambivalence then to indifference. now they are trying to make up for it/suddenly started caring about their children. me, knowing that i am indifferent to most things this hurts me, because they seem like theyre trying (although im skeptical of the reason behind this change) and i dont know what to do. i cannot make myself to like them no matter how hard i try. anyone in a similar sit?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Julsie, whywere and 1 other person
NoAIarmsNoSurprises

NoAIarmsNoSurprises

soon this will all just be a bad memory
Jan 18, 2024
Anyone else rejected their parents while you were young? i was never the child they wanted and they were never parents i needed. somewhere during adolescence my mindset changed from hatred to ambivalence then to indifference. now they are trying to make up for it/suddenly started caring about their children. me, knowing that i am indifferent to most things this hurts me, because they seem like theyre trying (although im skeptical of the reason behind this change) and i dont know what to do. i cannot make myself to like them no matter how hard i try. anyone in a similar sit?
Yes, I can relate. Even when they try, it's not enough to account for all the years of neglect and emotional abuse. I can't seem to undo this on my own overnight, nor within a month or year(s) and I can't expect them to either. It seems that they can't bring themselves to accept or acknowledge that something is wrong with me. CTB is the only logical solution. There's also others factor at play that no one seems to take into account as well. I don't wish them ill and I do enjoy the good times we do have when we're together, but it's not enough to keep me here.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: girlsboysthems and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
100% YES. It is all over here about my "parents" and I was NOT EVER wanted, and they called me "the mistake" to my face and even in public. At 18 I got kicked out and never heard from them again, 100% their choice.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: girlsboysthems
girlsboysthems

girlsboysthems

no i dont have a gun
Dec 19, 2022
100% YES. It is all over here about my "parents" and I was NOT EVER wanted, and they called me "the mistake" to my face and even in public. At 18 I got kicked out and never heard from them again, 100% their choice.

Walter
sorry to hear that man...
Yes, I can relate. Even when they try, it's not enough to account for all the years of neglect and emotional abuse. I can't seem to undo this on my own overnight, nor within a month or year(s) and I can't expect them to either. It seems that they can't bring themselves to accept or acknowledge that something is wrong with me. CTB is the only logical solution. There's also others factor at play that no one seems to take into account as well. I don't wish them ill and I do enjoy the good times we do have when we're together, but it's not enough to keep me here.
same. im staying alive for my cat because shes in their care and i do not want to leave her with them...

• Love
Reactions: whywere
J

Julsie

Jan 19, 2024
My dad and his partner treated me like absolute garbage when I was younger. When I finally stood up for myself and they no longer had that control over me, they were suddenly sorry lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
casual_existence

casual_existence

Student
Jul 29, 2023
You don't need to love you're parents. I just recently went through some crap with my parents where I ended up getting kicked out. I've been struggling with them from the very beginning and thank god I have supportive siblings 'cause I don't know where else I'd be living though at this point I'll never go back. Didn't see them on Christmas and I won't see them for anything else unless it's absolutely necessary. Only thing tying me to them is my phone plan. Hopefully I can get on a plan with just my siblings but I dunno. They're still trying which boggles my mind.
Admittedly there's no point since I'm planning to kill myself anyway but I always plan for any possibility.

Reactions: girlsboysthems
Anonymoususer1234

Anonymoususer1234

Experienced
Apr 13, 2023
Anyone else rejected their parents while you were young? i was never the child they wanted and they were never parents i needed. sometime during adolescence my mindset changed from hatred to ambivalence then to indifference. now they are trying to make up for it/suddenly started caring about their children. me, knowing that i am indifferent to most things this hurts me, because they seem like theyre trying (although im skeptical of the reason behind this change) and i dont know what to do. i cannot make myself to like them no matter how hard i try. anyone in a similar sit?
You aren't obligated to like them. They treated you poorly. You're allowed to feel bitter. And you can't force yourself to forgive anyone. It takes more than that to rebuild trust. Weather or not their intentions are pure, will become clearer with time. I hope things work out okay for you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: girlsboysthems and whywere