• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
This is probably a question that has been asked lots before, but
- if people think nothing can be created and nothing destroyed - why do people not believe in past lives/reincarnation?

at some point, isn't it likely our matter would be arranged in a way to create consciousness again?

Reactions: Anna777333, sserafim and Melancholic_Misfit
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
Let's assume that's the case, what defines you? Above all your experience and genetics. If you reincarnate, you won't have any of that anymore, so it won't be about you. And we cannot compare the material and the immaterial, a new memory does not necessarily destroy an old one.
I hope this reassures you

Reactions: sserafim and EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
The idea that nothing can be created or destroyed can still exist without there being reincarnation. Your consciousness, your feelings of "self," are just a result of neural activity, just like your emotions. It's a product of the brain. Thus, it dies off when you die off. When you die, the matter that makes up you isn't destroyed. It still exists. It just changes. Your body just decomposes.

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
The idea that nothing can be created or destroyed can still exist without there being reincarnation. Your consciousness, your feelings of "self," are just a result of neural activity, just like your emotions. It's a product of the brain. Thus, it dies off when you die off. When you die, the matter that makes up you isn't destroyed. It still exists. It just changes. Your body just decomposes.
is it not possible that matter could be rearranged to create a brain again and start neural activity again?

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
The reality is likely beyond us to fully understand.

Reactions: R_N, sserafim and Melancholic_Misfit
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
is it not possible that matter could be rearranged to create a brain again?
How would that even happen though? What would be the purpose of that? That honestly doesn't make much sense to me.

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
How would that even happen though? What would be the purpose of that? That honestly doesn't make much sense to me.
idk how it would happen but if time were infinite, then at some point you would think circumstances would come about where that happened

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

Oct 21, 2023
idk how it would happen but if time were infinite, then at some point you would think circumstances would come about where that happened
The theory doesn't really make sense. How exactly would decomposed matter just come together again to create a new brain? How would it even reach someone during prenatal development? Wouldn't how your brain is structured be dictated by your genetics and environmental conditions? How exactly does this brain made of someone elses matter come into the equation? What would the point of this even be? To be honest, this theory is confusing and makes no sense to me. I feel like you are kind just grasping at straws. Then again, maybe I'm the dumb one here, but this kind of feels like nonsense (no offence).

I understand that not knowing about what happens after death scares you, but I feel continually over thinking this is just going to feed into the cycle of you worrying.