dejadoom

dejadoom

Oct 30, 2023
If/when you CTB would you like to be reincarnated into a hopefully better life with a better hand or would you prefer to never have to experience life again? I think I'm kind of hoping if possible that I'm reborn into a gentler life, I know in theory it would be a gamble, there are many things I love about life, but not my life in particular.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, voyager, konosaja and 2 others
C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
I don't believe reincarnation exists.But just in case it does I would like to be reborn into a good looking, spotlessly mentally healthy american male, possibly well off.In my mind that would be the fair reparation for what I'm suffering in this "life" .In case the universe thinks I'm asking too much just a regular American male would do I guess, i want to be mentally healthy that would be first and foremost

Reactions: astromoon, Lost cherry and dejadoom
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
I believe in it and my only wish for reincarnation is to have good people around me, I don't care about anything else.

Reactions: BurningSita, Lost cherry and dejadoom
D

Deleted member 65988

I don't believe reincarnation exists.But just in case it does I would like to be reborn into a good looking, spotlessly mentally healthy american male, possibly well off.In my mind that would be the fair reparation for what I'm suffering in this "life" .In case the universe thinks I'm asking too much just a regular American male would do I guess, i want to be mentally healthy that would be first and foremost
See that's my issue with reincarnation, idealistically everyone would want to come back as a much better version of who they are now but as we know, the chances of coming back far worse seem more likely because the odds are almost always never in your favor . I get wanting a 2nd chance but for me, I never want to exist again when I'm dead.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dejadoom, movinout17, voyager and 2 others
cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
if i were to be reincarnated, i'd love to become a pet cat. my two cats live wonderful lives: they nap, bask in the sun all day, are fed and well groomed and immensely loved. if i felt that level of love and like i'm making a positive difference for someone, i wouldn't mind reincarnation.

Reactions: dejadoom, sserafim and voyager
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
Not at all. My preference would paradise (but with an exit door like in that TV show that I don't want to spoil the ending of) > cease to exist > reincarnation

Unless I'm reborn into a world where you can just opt out if you're done, it feels like reincarnation has too much of a risk that sooner or later I'd be in the same situation of wanting/needing to ctb.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I don't see existence as desirable under any circumstances, I don't believe in the idea of reincarnation but the thought of being eternally trapped in this hellish reality really is so horrifying. I'd prefer to permanently not exist no matter what, only non-existence appeals to me, I don't see any value in existence, it's a curse that just causes harm and suffering yet nobody can be harmed by non-existence. I see it as for the best that this existence is forgotten about.

DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
I believe in reincarnation. You get born again in a different set of circumstances, a different world.

gantaigarashi

gantaigarashi

Wageslave
Aug 1, 2023
As much as I love isekai animes, i know that reincarnation is a cope. I feel like it's an offshoot version of going to heaven.

When we're dead we just stop existing that's it, we're just insignificant beings that is part of nature.

Headspace Dweller

Headspace Dweller

Close your eyes and you'll leave this dream
Nov 2, 2023
I know, logically, that it's not likely that it's real; but we, as humans, also don't know nearly enough about the process our souls go through upon death to say that concretely (assuming we have souls). It's prevelant enough in many different cultures and centuries that it might be real.

I want to believe it exists. And if it does, I think I'd rather be born into a different world than this one. If there's no other world to be born into, than I'd rather come back as a timber wolf, a puma, a snow leopard, or a Canadian lynx. Being a human again sounds exhausting.

A big predator with few natural enemies beyond humans, that either live in packs or solo after leaving their parents, and that can fend for themselves. I think that would be prefered to what I have now. Grass is greener, I suppose.

• Hugs
Reactions: dejadoom and voyager
B

BurningSita

Sep 10, 2023
I have a few memories of a past life but I never talk about it because I don't like dealing with the way people react. It doesn't matter anyway, it wouldn't be fair to expect anyone to believe in something they haven't personally experienced. I wouldn't, either.

I try to do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing, but sometimes my only hope for the future is that I could get good enough punya/merit to earn the sort of rebirth where I can marry the man I love and we can have a free, happy, beautiful life.

I'm not wise enough to ask for liberation from death and rebirth, but my religion teaches that living up to your full potential is also a noble goal.

• Hugs
Reactions: dejadoom and voyager
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I kinda believe we do. Apart from a magical conlusion upon death undermining the laws of physics, it seems most probable to me that we jump from one consciousness to the next, since nothingness does not exist. If it's always into this life or something completely different, who knows. But I think what happened at least once is likely to happen again in the vastness that is infinity.

D

Deleted member 65988

I kinda believe we do. Apart from a magical conlusion upon death undermining the laws of physics, it seems most probable to me that we jump from one consciousness to the next, since nothingness does not exist. If it's always into this life or something completely different, who knows. But I think what happened at least once is likely to happen again in the vastness that is infinity.
Whenever someone claims that we just jump from one conscious to the next, I have to ask how they even know it's possible for consciousness to even function outside of a brain long enough to be transferred into another body and how this process happens and even if it's the case, is that really "you" in another body because different experiences make us who we are right now.

Reactions: voyager
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
Whenever someone claims that we just jump from one conscious to the next, I have to ask how they even know it's possible for consciousness to even function outside of a brain long enough to be transferred into another body and how this process happens and even if it's the case, is that really "you" in another body because different experiences make us who we are right now.
I know what you mean, and in fact, at this point I'd even question my entire life. I mean, I was there, and yet from this point of view it could very well have been nothing more than an implanted memory. When are we truly real? Further more, as you say, if all of our identities throughout our lifetime could magically converse with one another in the same moment, would we all share one consciouness, would we agree on all things, react the same, and so forth? Further more. how each of us would retell/evaluate our shared memories, things only we could know. More similar than others surely, but not identical for the very reasons you mentioned.

Therefore, when I say jump it might as well be the same from the moment I read your post to this second right now. Difference is our memory would be wiped in between due to exchanging bodies (or possibly the same aka eternal recurrence). Time is irrelevant in this regard, because we can't experience nothingness. We also had a server crash, which made me worry this draft was gone. I would've more or less have given you the same reply, but probably not word for word... aha! But yes, to me jumping really doesn't suggest a spiritual transfer but really just between points of consciousness. Whatever it is that makes you feel sentient right now reading this reply.

As for what that is and based on what, that is the question, of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: dejadoom