Querry1

Querry1

life is unfair, ctb or get away
Aug 16, 2018
Registry of suicidal attempts

In Poland, our Ministry of Health wants to create registry of people that have attempted suicide.

The said register, known as the "National Database for Monitoring and Prevention of Suicide Behavior", is aimed at gathering information about suicide, which - according to the assumptions - is to contribute, as the name suggests, to adequate prevention of suicidal behavior and probably the development of suicidology as such.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Health confirmed that the relevant work was ongoing. In addition, psychiatrists, psychologists, toxicologists, police officers and firefighters sitting in the ministerial suicidological team agree that recording a suicide attempt increases the chance of a person taking it again, so monitoring can help predict the risk of suicide.

In 2019, 5,255 people committed suicide in Poland, including over 4,500. men. It is estimated that there were between 10 and 15 times more suicide attempts.

Such a record may mean for some the possibility of lifelong patch of a "would-be suicide", which - at least in Poland - does not make life easier in any way.

If you ask me, it's fucked up and it will stigmatize people like me even more, Polish society is intolerant for suicidal people in my opinion and they become drawn out.

• Wow
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pookie, virginiawoolf86, Hennessy and 17 others
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
Its awful. In one state in Germany they tried to establish something similar, except every mentally ill person should have been monitored. It was prevented, but the fact alone that people try to establish something like that is disgusting.

• Aww..
Reactions: Hennessy, AngelGirl, disabledlife and 2 others
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
that's disgusting.

Reactions: Natsu Suki, puppy9, Skathon and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Do you have any links to this? I find myself getting angry at the injustice, but am I getting angry at something that's actually happening, or something that someone said is happening?

Reactions: Brink
favourite

favourite

Student
Feb 15, 2019
Another reason to leave this shithole forever.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Pookie, AngelGirl and 5 others
pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
Dystopian as fuck.

Reactions: Skathon
favourite

favourite

Student
Feb 15, 2019
I'd really like to know if Polish 'suicide prevention' has ever prevented someone from suicide effectively.

Reactions: Belaya Noch, Skathon, Outsider and 1 other person
Querry1

Querry1

life is unfair, ctb or get away
Aug 16, 2018
Do you have any links to this? I find myself getting angry at the injustice, but am I getting angry at something that's actually happening, or something that someone said is happening?
I have only links for Polish websites stating this
I'd really like to know if Polish 'suicide prevention' has ever prevented someone from suicide effectively.
I have met a lot of suicidal people from Poland, none of them got help from gov, no actions have helped them, it got even worse, psychiatric hospitals are in a bad shape, it's really hard there. Suicide prevention is so fake.
I have only links for Polish websites stating this

I have met a lot of suicidal people from Poland, none of them got help from gov, no actions have helped them, it got even worse, psychiatric hospitals are in a bad shape, it's really hard there. Suicide prevention is so fake.

It's been getting worse and worse, we are no way on to being pro-choice, it's going to being a slave for life. I can go anytime and it's helping me mentally, but think of all of us that have no escape... So unfair.

Last edited:
Reactions: favourite and GoodPersonEffed
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
Well, what is "effectively"? It might actually prevent people from suiciding, but at what price? They are not happy then, they don't live a good life. It just extends their pain. It is the slavery of the living.

Reactions: Querry1
A

AJ.

I--;
May 19, 2020
Polish ombudsman asked minister of health about this project(in July, but I forgot to actualize my thread). Undersecretary answered that there aren't any formal works about this register(so @Soul was right) and wrote that second Suicidology Congress in Lodz(19 and 20 November - next Friday) will be an opportunity to raise this and another topics(this might mean nothing, I'm afraid). Maybe we will receive some information soon.
Unfortunately I haven't found anything about this in English, so source is only in polish:
https://rpo.gov.pl/pl/content/rpo-czemu-ma-sluzyc-rejestr-osob-ktore-podjely-probe-samobojcza
https://rpo.gov.pl/pl/content/mz-do-rpo-dane-o-probach-samobojczych-maja-sluzyc-profilaktyce
I omitted this thread in June and didn't have any idea what to type into a search bar to check if any thread about this had been created - that is why I created one myself, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Querry1
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
So it's like a registry for sex offenders.

Depressed, poor, abandoned people who want to end their misery are treated like child predators.

Polish politicians... nasty, very nasty.

Reactions: Querry1 and woxihuanni
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
So it's like a registry for sex offenders.

Depressed, poor, abandoned people who want to end their misery are treated like child predators.

Polish politicians... nasty, very nasty.

Notice, in contrapoint, how no country ever has a registry for narc/sociopath abusers.

Reactions: AngelGirl, demuic and GoneGoneGone
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Notice, in contrapoint, how no country ever has a registry for narc/sociopath abusers.
I was just wondering about that... is there a registry for domestic violence or male/female abusers? I put females just to be PC

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I was just wondering about that... is there a registry for domestic violence or male/female abusers? I put females just to be PC

Nada, nill. Let alone an official registry, have you EVER heard of an abuser socially admonished or ostracised? Or does everybody guilt and shame every new victim because they trusted the abuser instead?

When I mentioned to my sister in law that my husband had promised his commitment to me early in the relationship, she said 'I'd never believe a man if he did that'. So it was my fault.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic and Brick In The Wall
kohaku

kohaku

Nonbinary Hysteric
Mar 27, 2019
Holy fuck I hate this country. I already had a news article written about me, I don't need more of this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Solar1703, Querry1 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Government made lists for citizens never end well for the people on those lists...

Reactions: Silvermorning, not4us, AJ. and 2 others
A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
With how reactionary the dominant culture in Poland is right now, this can only go badly.