• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
For what it is worth I want to carry a note stating that I refuse all forms of (life saving) medical treatment.

The note should state that:

1. This note was written voluntarily for a time in the future when I may be unable to make such a decision or unable to inform the emergency services verbally.
  2. It was written and signed when I was competent to make the decision.
  3. I refuse all forms of medical treatment, even when unconscious. This includes life-sustaining treatment.
  4. At the time of writing my brain or mind isn't impaired by mental health conditions like but not limited to bipolar disorder, drowsiness, schizophrenia. Nor am I intoxicated or under influence of any form of medication and drugs including but not limited to alcohol, Marijuana or hard drugs.
  5. This is an informed decision. I acknowledge and accept that refusing CPR, ventilation, defibrillation or other medical treatment may result in permanent (brain)damage, permanent disability or death. I know the benefits of the treatment. Treatment could be life saving or preventing permanent irremediable harm.
  6. My autonomy should be respected.

It will be signed with my signature and date of signature and a signature of a witness.

Am I missing something here? Are there things that need to be added or removed?

Since I'm a non native english speaker, are there sentences that need to be rephrased? Perhaps there is a native English speaker that could make a well written coherent text out of this? I would appreciate that.

Reactions: spark7 and ERASED
J

JB1999

Jun 11, 2020
You will have life saving treatment performed on you regardless, until a LEGAL document is brought forward, AND/OR a medical professional advises to cease life saving measures. Writing and signing a note will not stop paramedics or first responders from attempting to save you at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isadeth, kcn2020, TAW122 and 8 others
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
You will have life saving treatment performed on you regardless, until a LEGAL document is brought forward, AND/OR a medical professional advises to cease life saving measures. Writing and signing a note will not stop paramedics or first responders from attempting to save you at all.
Pretty much this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rocket1Rocket1
Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020

In the country where I'm from, the Netherlands, this isn't always the case and debatable.

Some elderly are known to carry a badge that states they refuse medical treatment and it is respected by emergency services. There are guidelines that aren't mentioning an age and are as following:

A patient may refuse any treatment, even if that treatment is life-saving. However, the patient must be competent and well informed. In addition, it must be clear that he made the decision to refuse treatment voluntarily. A refusal to treat may also be recorded in a living will. Here, a competent patient can record which treatments he does and does not want to have in the future.​

That is the reason why I started my post with "for what it's worth". There is a chance they will respect it if they follow the guidelines by the letter.

With all due respect I don't want this thread to end up in a discussion this is of use / no use. It is a note I will be carrying for my ease of mind l, even if it doesn't prevent paramedics from honoring it.

• Hugs
Reactions: esse_est_percipi and Neville1
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
The English is good. I don't know about the laws though.
There could be a vast difference between a natural death and a suicide.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Hope people respect your wishes.

bravotess

bravotess

I'ma jump ship now before I sink slow
Aug 8, 2020
English is correct. Since you specially call out medical treatment, maybe add something about not wanting food or water if you're brain dead. Its not exactly "medical treatment" but it could be used to sustain you. Good luck. Hope it works. I was thinking of pinning a note on me that says
"do not resuscitate "

Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
English is correct. Since you specially call out medical treatment, maybe add something about not wanting food or water if you're brain dead. Its not exactly "medical treatment" but it could be used to sustain you. Good luck. Hope it works. I was thinking of pinning a note on me that says
"do not resuscitate "

Thank you, I will add the two suggested points to my note!

L

Lame Old Duke

May 17, 2020
Similar sort of thing in the UK it's called a living will has to be signed by you and a witness, then you inform your doctor that you want it placed on your medical file.
Also you can inform your doctor that you would like a DNR notice in your medical file as well.

E

ERASED

Student
May 17, 2020
For what it is worth I want to carry a note stating that I refuse all forms of (life saving) medical treatment.

The note should state that:

1. This note was written voluntarily for a time in the future when I may be unable to make such a decision or unable to inform the emergency services verbally.
  2. It was written and signed when I was competent to make the decision.
  3. I refuse all forms of medical treatment, even when unconscious. This includes life-sustaining treatment.
  4. At the time of writing my brain or mind isn't impaired by mental health conditions like but not limited to bipolar disorder, drowsiness, schizophrenia. Nor am I intoxicated or under influence of any form of medication and drugs including but not limited to alcohol, Marijuana or hard drugs.
  5. This is an informed decision. I acknowledge and accept that refusing CPR, ventilation, defibrillation or other medical treatment may result in permanent (brain)damage, permanent disability or death. I know the benefits of the treatment. Treatment could be life saving or preventing permanent irremediable harm.
  6. My autonomy should be respected.

It will be signed with my signature and date of signature and a signature of a witness.

Am I missing something here? Are there things that need to be added or removed?

Since I'm a non native english speaker, are there sentences that need to be rephrased? Perhaps there is a native English speaker that could make a well written coherent text out of this? I would appreciate that.
Shit!!! I wished I did this *forgot to do this* a couple days ago before I had OD'ed.
Would have saved me from waking up in a fucking hospital.

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, Caspers and Rocket1Rocket1
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This is pretty much spot on. EMTs and medical professionals run liability and legal risks for ignoring or failing to provide life saving treatment to people who even refuse it (unless is documented and on file in the patient's medical records and/or place they are in). I was in an CPR course in the past and one of the instructors said that if the person is unconscious, unable to respond, or risk of death, then there is 'implied consent' meaning that unconscious person will be treated and saved with intervention. There are also Good Samaritan laws that protect healthcare workers and layperson giving aid from legal liability as well.

In reality, I think the only time such an note would be honored would be when someone is already in hospice care, exhausted all other options of treatment, and even then it's difficult to get them (healthcare workers) to honor them until a court of law grants permission and other red tape cleared.

• Aww..
airboy_a380

airboy_a380

Can´t wait to find Neverland!
Aug 12, 2020
In the country where I'm from, the Netherlands, this isn't always the case and debatable.

Some elderly are known to carry a badge that states they refuse medical treatment and it is respected by emergency services. There are guidelines that aren't mentioning an age and are as following:

A patient may refuse any treatment, even if that treatment is life-saving. However, the patient must be competent and well informed. In addition, it must be clear that he made the decision to refuse treatment voluntarily. A refusal to treat may also be recorded in a living will. Here, a competent patient can record which treatments he does and does not want to have in the future.​

That is the reason why I started my post with "for what it's worth". There is a chance they will respect it if they follow the guidelines by the letter.

With all due respect I don't want this thread to end up in a discussion this is of use / no use. It is a note I will be carrying for my ease of mind l, even if it doesn't prevent paramedics from honoring it.
Netherlands has euthanasia for people with depression, if i had that money, that's where I would go to get my lethal injection.

Reactions: Isadeth
Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
Netherlands has euthanasia for people with depression, if i had that money, that's where I would go to get my lethal injection.

It is a long (screening) process you have to go through. I'm not able to do that. I just don't have the energy for it. It is rarely done tho, it is a relatively new phenomenon and I have heard of one case where euthanasia was practiced on a (depressed) 29 year old. I don't know how many people have applied for it and got denied.

It is more common for terminally ill people regardless of age.

Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
FYI my final note:

Hello first responders,

This note is a (living) will.

This note was written voluntarily for a time in the future when I may be unable to make such a decision or unable to inform the emergency services verbally. It was written and signed when I was competent to make the decision.

At the time of writing my brain or mind isn't impaired by mental health conditions like but not limited to bipolar disorder, drowsiness, schizophrenia. Nor am I intoxicated or under influence of any form of medication and drugs including but not limited to Marijuana or hard drugs (including alcohol).

I refuse all forms of medical treatment, even when unconscious. This includes life-sustaining treatment.

I refuse all forms of life support including but not limited to the administration of nutrients and liquids.

There is one exception: I accept the administration of painkillers to reduce physical pain.

This is an informed decision. I acknowledge and accept that refusing CPR, ventilation, defibrillation, administration of nutrients and liquids or other medical treatment may result in permanent (neurological)damage, permanent disability or death. I know the benefits of the treatment. Treatment could be life saving or preventing permanent irremediable harm.

My autonomy should be respected.

• Love
Reactions: Neville1
Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
A friend who I met in an adolescent psych unit did this in 2006. Turned up with very similar note after ingesting anti freeze. They Followed her wishes and she died in hospital, having been made comfortable and not alone

• Hugs
Rocket1Rocket1

Rocket1Rocket1

Jun 1, 2020
A friend who I met in an adolescent psych unit did this in 2006. Turned up with very similar note after ingesting anti freeze. They Followed her wishes and she died in hospital, having been made comfortable and not alone

What country was this in?

Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
What country was this in?
This was in the UK... in Norwich. Sorry; it was actually 2007. We hadn't spoke in a while and I found out from newspaper reports when researching death from antifreeze!!

AmDead

AmDead

早く死にたい
Aug 20, 2020
I've heard that some doctors use "NO CODE"
It can be tattooed or written somewhere like on a note on some ID which someone is bound to find if you're unconscious, they need ID and you can't tell them to not save you.