Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Post any negative thoughts you wish to overcome, then give them a more realistic spin.

Automatic Negative Thoughts, also known as ANTS, is something I struggle with and I imagine a lot of people here do as well. Restructuring these thoughts is challenging but I decided trying to combat them before ending it is a good goal. I certainly don't want to live thinking like this anymore.

63C38C31 D56D 4183 99C8 51F25293E2A6
D399316F 4FD1 4D62 AA09 203778028468 53BA58FB 866F 4AB0 87D9 24EE8C049360

So now that I've given a solid introduction of the exercise, it's my turn.

"By recovering, I'm just a smack in the face to people who are really struggling. I never was sincere in my pain, and if I really was, I'd just end it."

"I would never brag about recovering to people who are struggling. I'm not responsible for people's pain, only my own. Pain is often transient, and it's ok to want to better yourself. Suicidal crisies are statistically short lived for most, and not struggling as severely as others isn't relevant because you aren't other people. It's not a comparison."

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sadwriter, Praestat_Mori, AllCatsAreGrey and 8 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I've been struggling with ants since childhood due to abuse.
I've tried cognitive behaviour therapy to help me overcome these intrusive thoughts, yet they never truly go away.
They have diminished in frequency and intensity over the years, yet always rear their ugly head on a daily basis.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
I've been struggling with ants since childhood due to abuse.
I've tried cognitive behaviour therapy to help me overcome these intrusive thoughts, yet they never truly go away.
They have diminished in frequency and intensity over the years, yet always rear their ugly head on a daily basis.
I'm so sorry you were abused and haven't found relief.

If I'm being honest I never really took recovery seriously and I thought everyone else had the problem, not me. I thought my thoughts were true.

I know it's silly but I feel like I'd be a fraud if I recovered because not everyone else can.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and WAITING TO DIE
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm so sorry you were abused and haven't found relief.

If I'm being honest I never really took recovery seriously and I thought everyone else had the problem, not me. I thought my thoughts were true.

I know it's silly but I feel like I'd be a fraud if I recovered because not everyone else can.
Thank you.
It's easy to be deceived by these thoughts because they are often very powerful.
Our own minds can be our worst enemy and often betray us.
I honestly wouldn't be too harsh on yourself and wish you well and hope that you can manage to defeat these intrusive thoughts.

• Hugs
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Thank you.
It's easy to be deceived by these thoughts because they are often very powerful.
Our own minds can be our worst enemy and often betray us.
I honestly wouldn't be too harsh on yourself and wish you well and hope that you can manage to defeat these intrusive thoughts.
I am proud you were able to reduce the frequency and intensity of your thoughts. I'm sorry they never went away. I hope you find relief someday.

I'm not looking to rid myself of intrusive thoughts. I just want to cope with them better.

Im practicing reframing negative self talk as a way to not be so harsh on myself lol

• Hugs
  • Love
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Thank you.
It's definitely possible to get used to these thoughts.
These days whenever I get attacked by ants, I can usually dispel them within the space of a minute, yet there was a time when an intrusive thought would literally linger for day's in a constant loop.
I tell myself that it is just a biochemical reaction in the brain and has no substance or power over me.
I find that giving thought energy to ants is like giving them food, because they feed off suffering.
So I say to myself " I'm not feeding you bitches, so just go away and starve to death ".
The more you feed the ant monster the bigger and more powerful it becomes.

• Hugs
  • Love
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Thank you.
It's definitely possible to get used to these thoughts.
These days whenever I get attacked by ants, I can usually dispel them within the space of a minute, yet there was a time when an intrusive thought would literally linger for day's in a constant loop.
I tell myself that it is just a biochemical reaction in the brain and has no substance or power over me.
I find that giving thought energy to ants is like giving them food, because they feed off suffering.
So I say to myself " I'm not feeding you bitches, so just go away and starve to death ".
The more you feed the ant monster the bigger and more powerful it becomes.
Im sorry your intrusive thoughts tripped you up so much. šŸ˜„

Im glad to hear you can diminish the intensity. I imagine I'm always going to battle this demon, but I'm willing to settle for making it easier to deal with.

I find the fearful ones are best to not entertain. I just say, "yeah, I might ram my car into incoming traffic. I'll let the cops handle it." Or I tell myself, "oh you think that? Interesting."

The negative ones I try to reframe. I find the stronger they get the more you believe them and that's often when I start feeling suicidal.

I gave up on recovery a long time ago so I'm genuinely trying before I ctb.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
Thank you.
I find it makes sense to settle for making things easier rather than trying to win the battle because trying too hard usually makes things worse by elevating stress levels.
I think that practicing acceptance of these thoughts can also help diminish their power.
I can definitely relate to the fact that the thoughts become more believable the stronger they become.
I have sometimes wondered if aversion therapy would work for ants, such as having some kind of small device that applies a small electrical shock everytime an ant becomes too powerful.
I admire you for your courage and tenacity for giving things a try before ctb.
Wishing you good luck.

• Hugs
  • Love
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Thank you.
I find it makes sense to settle for making things easier rather than trying to win the battle because trying too hard usually makes things worse by elevating stress levels.
I think that practicing acceptance of these thoughts can also help diminish their power.
I can definitely relate to the fact that the thoughts become more believable the stronger they become.
I have sometimes wondered if aversion therapy would work for ants, such as having some kind of small device that applies a small electrical shock everytime an ant becomes too powerful.
I admire you for your courage and tenacity for giving things a try before ctb.
Wishing you good luck.
I agree. Unrealistic goals are overwhelming and thus stressful.

I don't expect to rid myself of negative thoughts. I only hope to not give them power. It's honestly why I don't want to ctb, because I don't want my mental illness to hold immense power over me. I want to win this battle haha.

I don't think I'll ever be cured. I'm just hoping to manage and make peace with this demon.

I appreciate the kind words. In a way I feel guilty about recovering, because so many others can't, no matter how hard they try. I just hope I keep my compassion intact if I'm able to.

Also interesting ideas about aversion therapy. Wonder if that's a potential research topic.

• Hugs
  • Love
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
"Fuck you, you stupid piece of shit. Absolutely fuck you. You didn't go to your friends Halloween show. You didn't go to church to meditate today because you felt embarrassed going alone. You keep avoiding things that will help you, you sad sack of shit."

"Ok yeah, I regret not going to the Halloween show. I wasn't feeling up to it, even tho going would of lifted my spirits up. I'm not feeling up for most things right now. My sleep and self care routine is off track again. Maybe fixing that will help. It seemed to work before. Same with church. I should start taking my sister again. It makes me feel less weird to go. Not that anyone there cares when I go alone. I even got a text from the leader asking to go. I've just felt too depressed to go. I gotta fix my habits. Waking up at noon has fucked everything up."