SadPingu

SadPingu

Go out like a spark, my trauma and me.
Jul 27, 2023
My favourite TV show is the British sitcom One Foot in the Grave. It's full of dark moments which is possibly why I like it so much.

One of the quotes that really sticks with me is, "There's only one thing worse than dying, and that's living forever."

Does anyone else have TV quotes that resonate with them.

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Per Ardua Ad Astra, HAL 9000 and 1 other person
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I've always loved the Twilight Zone. I've proabably rewatched every season a dozen times from when I was a kid to now. Rod Serling had some amazing insights into the world, and a great ability to formulate them eloquently and simply. A few that stand out to me are:
"Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete"
"There is nothing in the dark that isn't there when the lights are on.", "You see. No shock. No engulfment. No tearing assunder. What you feared would come like an explosion is like a whisper. What you thought was the end is the beginning."
"Every man is put on earth condemned to die. Time and method of execution unknown."
"According to the Bible, God created the heavens and the Earth. It is man's prerogative - and woman's - to create their own particular and private hell."
"Being like everybody is the same as being nobody."
"Formerly, a fixture of the summer, formerly a rather minor component to a hot July, but throughout his life, a man beloved by the children, and therefore a most important man."
"As long as they talk about you, you're not really dead, as long as they speak your name, you continue. A legend doesn't die, just because the man dies."
Sorry for the long reply, but if anyone here hasn't already seen the Twilight Zone, I recommend at least watching a couple of episodes in your lifetime. Although you might end up with a new addiction lol

• Love
Reactions: rationaltake, Per Ardua Ad Astra, HAL 9000 and 1 other person
HAL 9000

HAL 9000

Heading toward Jupiter
Aug 3, 2023
"Here's the thing. I am like a cog built to fit only one machine. Like, if you don't let me do this... I mean, it... it's the one thing I know how to do." - Kendal Roy

The only reason that I still breathe is because I still cling to a notion that with enough effort and luck it's possible for me to create art that's essentially a continuation of what Stanley Kubrick, Hideaki Anno, David Chase and Chiaki J. Konaka have already done.

"Three little sentences will get you through life. Number 1: Cover for me. Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss! Number 3: It was like that when I got here." - Homer Simpson

• Hugs
Reactions: SadPingu and Per Ardua Ad Astra