Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Just a wee vent on how I'm feeling:

It feels like I'm drifting on a vast expanse of ocean, on this little raft.

There is land, but not in sight and I don't know which direction its in.

Its moot since I'm at the mercy of the tides, I have no serviceable sail or paddle, and if I did I wouldn't have the energy or competence to use them.

I am hungry but not starving, thirsty but not parched, exposed but not scorched.

The raft spins and bobs at the whim of the ocean.

It's not exactly plain sailing, as this implies destination - at any moment the sea will cause my little raft to capsizes nd I will be lost, in fact this seems inevitable.

It fills me with a constant and ever escalating sense of nameless dread.

Peeping over the edge of my little raft; no fish, no birds... Its either blue depths or black depths as decided by the sun and moon.

The only distinguishable feature is my reflection, looking vaccuously back at me, smeared by the moving water.

Some days that reflection calls to me, some days not, but every day it is there.

It won't be long before this reflection falls silent as this remote ocean.

Sooner or later I will be under it and the raft will drift and drift and drift until it too is eventually consumed.

Peace and love my brothers and sisters
DBD

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WOODESITY, Good4Nothing, raindrops and 6 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Very deep and relatable. Thank you for sharing brother.

Reactions: raindrops and Dead beat dad
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Very deep and relatable. Thank you for sharing brother.
Thank you brother, if I happen to see your raft float across from me I'll give you a wave...

Not sure if pun intended...

Respect brother

DBD

• Love
Reactions: Soul, AnxietyAttack44, Epsilon0 and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I've always liked to compare how I feel to being in an ocean, because it really feels like that. There's land somewhere probably, but I can't see it and I don't know how to get there. Without being able to see it putting effort into swimming in any direction feels pointless, because it never feels like I'm getting closer to land. Even just staying still and not sinking starts to get really exhausting.

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Dead beat dad and raindrops
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
I've always liked to compare how I feel to being in an ocean, because it really feels like that. There's land somewhere probably, but I can't see it and I don't know how to get there. Without being able to see it putting effort into swimming in any direction feels pointless, because it never feels like I'm getting closer to land. Even just staying still and not sinking starts to get really exhausting.
Feel that brother

DBD

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
This reminds me of some songs I wrote when I was younger. One my GF wrote the words for, it was called "My Ocean", and one I only had words for the refrain - it was just "watching the waves crashing my bow", sung in a round over dismal swirling guitars. My personal threatening ocean was a big theme in my depressed youth. I don't see an ocean anymore. Now I see a universe-sized sucking black void that no light escapes.

Reactions: Dead beat dad