jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Mods here show incredible restraint as well as fast action when needed. On Reddit, mods are unprofessional as fuck. They'll ban you just cos they feel like it, insult you, and then mute you so you can't appeal or defend yourself in any way, and they take the fact that admins don't do anything about their behaviour to carte blanche just keep doing it. And they leave all sorts of hostility and piss poor quality posts unchecked. But here, the mods are the polar opposite. They'll jump on scammers like their lives depended on it and Instagram them. Boom. Problem gone. And if someone's being a bit naughty, or possibly not quite following the rules, they'll discretely and cautiously have a word with the person and warn them if necessary, nothing over the top, everything proportionate, calm, measured. And mods here don't hold grudges, or take things personally. It's quite incredible the self control and due diligence mods here show. Very caring towards users'needs and the fact we're human beings. Thank you mods of SaSu, thank you.

And the same goes for users of SaSu. A really considerate community of people that settle any differences with dignity and respect, and care and thought and consideration, unlike Reddit which is downright mean, cold, blunt, and hostile. What a horrid place. Anyway, enough of that. It's not nice thinking about. I'm just glad I can come here for some "family time" after stressful encounters at that thoroughly hostile place. They bring out the absolute worst of echo chambers. Here people have retained the age-old craft of techniques like compromise, empathy and understanding. For "suicide echo chamber" I think we can fucking teach them a think or two about decent human behaviour that for the most seems completely forgotten over there.

Thank you to everyone at SaSu for having me here, and letting me participate. I'm sorry I'm not perfect. I'm still trying to learn the art of fitting in socially... Anywhere... But of all the online spaces I know, this place feels most like home. Thank you everyone, I hope you all know how grateful I am to speak to any of you and how much I'll miss you when you leave, for one reason or another ❤️

Reactions: Venus13, Rocinante, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 5 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Conclusion: Don't expect the people of Reddit to be reasonable

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Conclusion: Don't expect the people of Reddit to be reasonable
Exactly. They pretend like they are but it's bullshit. From top to bottom

Reactions: Rocinante and Judah
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Exactly. They pretend like they are but it's bullshit. From top to bottom
In my case I don't use other social networks much, I hate Facebook but ironically I only use it because there is a group there that entertains me a lot

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
In my case I don't use other social networks much, I hate Facebook but ironically I only use it because there is a group there that entertains me a lot
That's not a bad thing. It's good to have an interest. I just hope the ai bots don't ban you for innocent remarks, I know it happens there

Reactions: Rocinante
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
That's not a bad thing. It's good to have an interest. I just hope the ai bots don't ban you for innocent remarks, I know it happens there
Being-banned-on-facebook-memes-nice-meme-330-days-ban.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: Venus13, Rocinante and jodes2
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, we have very good people here. It is wise to not take this for granted.

• Love
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Yes, we have very good people here. It is wise to not take this for granted.
Yeah. To think his site is always under seige by pro lifers. One day it could be gone, with nothing to replace it. I won't know what to do with myself when I need a safe place

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
suicidewatch is the worst...I lost 3 reddit accounts because of it...whenever did free speech cease to be a human right? But now that I have this, I don't miss it

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
suicidewatch is the worst...I lost 3 reddit accounts because of it...whenever did free speech cease to be a human right? But now that I have this, I don't miss it
Yeah I got banned there a couple of years ago for directing people here for advice 😂 fucked. Definitely no loss with that sub. But being banned sitewide on Reddit is a pain in the arse, they keep tracking my accounts and I have to make a new one every week starting from scratch. It's a real pain rejoining all the subs every time, and remembering which ones don't allow new accounts. Also some subs I've been banned from when I post there my whole account gets instabanned, I don't get how they track me, they even manage it when I use a VPN and change browser and device! Sneaky bastards have some seriously devious tracking tricks

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
Right, I will never miss the days of scrolling through posts there. To me at least, it seems like all the replies might as well be from bots. I'm thankful to have a place that doesn't consistently drive me crazy by spamming copies of the same nonsensical platitudes.

"I know you're suffering horribly, but I love you so you shouldn't kill your self!" Not a direct quote but I swear I see strangers telling each other stuff like that on there.
I appreciate their attempts to help but stuff like that definitely puts me further over the edge lol.

Reactions: Rocinante, Source Energy and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Right, I will never miss the days of scrolling through posts there. To me at least, it seems like all the replies might as well be from bots. I'm thankful to have a place that doesn't consistently drive me crazy by spamming copies of the same nonsensical platitudes.

"I know you're suffering horribly, but I love you so you shouldn't kill your self!" Not a direct quote but I swear I see strangers telling each other stuff like that on there.
I appreciate their attempts to help but stuff like that definitely puts me further over the edge lol.
I say some things a bit like that here sometimes :-s I think it's wrong to give people advice to die if you don't think they've given recovery a shot, some people do need encouragement to get help if they haven't done much of that, otherwise ethically I just feel kinda like a criminal trolling in some dark echo chamber. I think Pro choice means sometimes giving advice on dying, sometimes giving advice or encouragement for recovery. A lot of people both want to die and want to live, and given the choice, it's better to swing people to living if possible. It does less harm, although it might be a bit more work for them. I've gained criticism for it here, I don't need to be reminded that it's a somewhat unpopular trait of mine here. But also I've been thanked for it in equal measure, so I'm just gonna keep trying to talk the balancing act

Reactions: Rocinante and Unending
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I say some things a bit like that here sometimes :-s I think it's wrong to give people advice to die if you don't think they've given recovery a shot, some people do need encouragement to get help if they haven't done much of that, otherwise ethically I just feel kinda like a criminal trolling in some dark echo chamber. I think Pro choice means sometimes giving advice on dying, sometimes giving advice or encouragement for recovery. A lot of people both want to die and want to live, and given the choice, it's better to swing people to living if possible. It does less harm, although it might be a bit more work for them. I've gained criticism for it here, I don't need to be reminded that it's a somewhat unpopular trait of mine here. But also I've been thanked for it in equal measure, so I'm just gonna keep trying to talk the balancing act
I think there is definitely a difference between suggestions to keep living and preaching it as the only way and that suicide is not a real option. I personally don't think I'd get upset if I was hypothetically venting about ctb and you suggested something against death because I know that you would respect me and leave it alone if I said I am not interested in trying to prolong life/survive.

It's just a recipe for frustration when you end up having to assume that random users/irl people aren't going to respect your intention or choice and probably give you push back for even trying to suggest that ctb is valid. I guess it's a matter of the societal pendulum being pushed so far one way for me that gravity is going to push it the other way which pretty much is my attempt at a metaphor for why I get triggered so easily by the "Don't do it!" type comments. Maybe that isn't the correct figurative language for this example but I think it is mostly accurate.

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I think there is definitely a difference between suggestions to keep living and preaching it as the only way and that suicide is not a real option. I personally don't think I'd get upset if I was hypothetically venting about ctb and you suggested something against death because I know that you would respect me and leave it alone if I said I am not interested in trying to prolong life/survive.

It's just a recipe for frustration when you end up having to assume that random users/irl people aren't going to respect your intention or choice and probably give you push back for even trying to suggest that ctb is valid. I guess it's a matter of the societal pendulum being pushed so far one way for me that gravity is going to push it the other way which pretty much is my attempt at a metaphor for why I get triggered so easily by the "Don't do it!" type comments. Maybe that isn't the correct figurative language for this example but I think it is mostly accurate.
Fair enough. I can certainly respect people who have given death Vs life good thought. Recovery Vs giving up. What I don't agree with is people who refuse to attempt recovery when it's clearly possible to an outside observer who has experience in fixing such problems. Especially when it's an easy fix. Like, one or two sessions of good therapy targeted at the problem. Some people are so mentally warped that for some reason they can't see the wood for the trees. Like a suicide bomber willing to cause untold destruction for some delusional belief.

Reactions: Rocinante and Unending