• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
I'll give myself a chance.

I think I will write here what steps I will take to restore.

---

I will take super small steps. Super small.

My deep depression lasts 7 months.

My first mission in deep depression will be to start brushing my teeth again in the morning and in the evening.

---

I'm starting to do it again tonight. For the first time in 7 months I will brush my teeth. Thanks for the support guys.

This is my attempt.

---

I'm going to document my process. Hope it works. This will be an attempt. I'll give myself a chance. I think my mom deserves it. It's for her now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kovkay, Lostandlooking, TriggerHappy and 14 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Hey orlandom,

I wish you the best in your recovery journey.. brushing the teeth is an important step, and this can save you from immense teeth pain in the future. I'm glad you're doing it again.

I'm also in a short recovery this month, I'm happy that we have your company in recovery gang. Much love <3

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: EraseRewind, Red, FuneralCry and 5 others
L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
very pleased to see that you on the recovery path. Life and it's cycles, things come and go, including the way we feel about life.

I'll give myself a chance.

I think I will write here what steps I will take to restore.

---

I will take super small steps. Super small.

My deep depression lasts 7 months.

My first mission in deep depression will be to start brushing my teeth again in the morning and in the evening.

---

I'm starting to do it again tonight. For the first time in 7 months I will brush my teeth. Thanks for the support guys.

This is my attempt.

---

I'm going to document my recovery. Hope it works. This will be an attempt. I'll give myself a chance. I think my mom deserves it. It's for her now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Red, MYStERY_Man, nopointofliving and 1 other person
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
In the evening I will take a photo of my toothbrush. That's horrible. I feel so ashamed. This is what depression looks like

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: EraseRewind, MYStERY_Man and nopointofliving
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Hi @orlandom you ROCK!! I wish you all the love and support in your recovery. I am wishing you nothing but great success in your recovery journey. Walter

• Hugs
Reactions: EraseRewind and orlandom
E

everydayiloveyou

Arcanist
Jul 5, 2020
Congratulations!! When I first got depressed I also resolved to start brushing my teeth again, trust me it's going to help so much with getting out of bed in the mornings and also with your self-confidence and health.

It's all about the baby steps! Usually when we start on little habits like this we can move onto bigger and scarier things and end up better for it. Best of luck to you!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EraseRewind, orlandom and whywere
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best in your recovery. Depression really can ruin our lives. As others have said, I think doing small tasks is the best way to go.

• Love
Reactions: EraseRewind, orlandom and whywere
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: EraseRewind, Beachedwhale, nopointofliving and 2 others
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
Good morning.

My brain is resisting. If you only knew what effort it took me this morning to go into the bath and brush my teeth.

But you know ... I did it and then I looked at myself in the mirror ...

Oh god ... Who's standing in the mirror? I took my hair clipper and started tidying myself up. I did this for 20 minutes. And you know - I look great now.

I left the house, got into the car and when I was driving to work - I was still thinking why am I doing this? It's pointless. Because I have no reason to live.

But you know. I will do it as I said I will try.

And yes. I used eau de toilette today and I smell delicious.

Have a nice day, everyone.

Let's see if something comes of it or not.

---

The next goal is to take a bath every day.

Yes. Yes. Again a new secret for you. The last time was 4 weeks ago. A nightmare for me. For my 33 years, I have taken a bath every day - every day! But 4 weeks have passed since the last bath.

Okay. I will do it today and will do it as before - every day. Just some kind of quest. Oh my God.

But I'll try. I hug everyone.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FuneralCry, EraseRewind, Beachedwhale and 4 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
YOU ARE AWESOME @orlandom !! Keep going young man, and prove to others here that YES,YES recovery is not only possible BUT that it can be obtained! I have had hellish depression this week and YOU truly make me smile and feel so, so good. I THANK YOU for that. Walter

• Love
Reactions: FuneralCry, EraseRewind, Beachedwhale and 1 other person
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Not drinking alcohol anymore is an important step - it only makes things worse.

You will feel better after a few days and also have more vitality again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: whywere, nopointofliving and orlandom
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Of course, reading and writing here should help you and possibly others.
If it doesn't or if it makes you feel worse, I can understand your thoughts.

Some stories and fates here also make me very concerned.

• Hugs
Reactions: orlandom, whywere and noname223
orlandom

orlandom

Mage
Mar 4, 2021
Hello everyone.

I hardly read the forum and other topics.

A lot of thoughts to leave the forum. Probably summer and vitamin D affect my well-being. Many thoughts go to the gym and today I sit and choose a road bike. I know from past years that a bicycle has a very good effect on my well-being.

In September I plan to change my job - I will need to inform the management soon that I am quitting - 3 months before the end of the contract.

I went on a ketogenic diet. You can only eat fats and proteins and a few vegetables that provide the body with fiber. I've already been on such a diet. I looked great then. The body is dried up from fats.

I think maybe I'll plug in pills - helps drop fat - but it's bad for the heart. Since I am trying to recover - Yes - now I care about my heart.

I still believe in myself. I hug everyone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving, kitch and whywere
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
@orlandom I'm happy for you. Keep the good work up. You're winning :)

• Hugs
Reactions: orlandom