annxietty

annxietty

“Is there no way out of the mind?”
Mar 27, 2023
Is it possible to recover from anxiety related problems without meds?
At the moment Im taking meds but because some things happened Ive not been able to contact a psychiatrist for over a year now, so my meds dont have any effect on me but I cant stop taking them because I get sick from not taking them... I only can see a psychiatrist in June and its a new one, I will be moving at the end of June so I will only have a session with them... I want to try recovering from my agoraphobia so I have to try this, but probably I will not be able to have the help of medication (very possibly not even therapy)
I would love to hear other people experiences.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Anxiety can be tricky because there can be various contributors such as neurology (as with Aspergers), nutrition, developmental experiences, and circumstances. Sometimes one can develop better management with incremental exposure such as if an agoraphobic can take being out five minutes, then working on being out six minutes.

A fear of strangers can be a useful protection mechanism. However, often fears that have become exaggerated can be managed by making conscious risk assessments. For example, going to a mall might represent a small risk. If it seems too high a hurdle, you can ask why. If there is apprehension about being confronted by others, you might consider strategies that could be useful. One tactic is to tell someone you want to avoid that you would like to tell them about Jesus. Usually that is enough to get most people to leave you alone.

Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
I'd say so. It has gotten better for me. But it definitely is work. It's gratifying, though.