• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

MichiyoCornell

MichiyoCornell

Sep 8, 2019
I'm thinking of recording like a 10 minute video explaining to friends and family why I elected to end my life. I'm not sure if it would seem weird or if people would take it as attention seeking....? I would really try to keep it grounded, sincere, and be calm so people don't think it was some impulsive decision. Then I would have it sent via email to them later as an attachment. Are there any pitfalls with going a video route instead of a letter?

Reactions: Élégie, RedRoses and TiredOfLife95
MerrySkeleton

MerrySkeleton

Aug 16, 2019
I don't see any problem here. I hardly think that asking for 10 minutes of attention after you've ended your life could be classified as "attention seeking." At minimum you're going to be taking up a full day of everyone's time with the funeral so what's 10 extra minutes of attention within the context of that? Furthermore, if you've just killed yourself I would think that whether or not your explanation video is weird would be the last thing on your family and friend's minds. If it feels right to you, go for it

Reactions: siray, Nosferaddo, MichiyoCornell and 3 others
MakyMy

MakyMy

Jun 21, 2019
I'm thinking of recording like a 10 minute video explaining to friends and family why I elected to end my life. I'm not sure if it would seem weird or if people would take it as attention seeking....? I would really try to keep it grounded, sincere, and be calm so people don't think it was some impulsive decision. Then I would have it sent via email to them later as an attachment. Are there any pitfalls with going a video route instead of a letter?
I think about it very often. I have written so many notes. I destroyed them and wrote them. Over and over. I dont know if is video good idea. Just imagine that. People who loved gonna watch it over and over again. This is not great last memory.
But its only my opinion.

Reactions: Flitzbit and MichiyoCornell
BPD_LE

BPD_LE

The Queen of Meme
Aug 11, 2019
I've done it. It's quick and easy compared to a note.

Reactions: MichiyoCornell
MichiyoCornell

MichiyoCornell

Sep 8, 2019
I think about it very often. I have written so many notes. I destroyed them and wrote them. Over and over. I dont know if is video good idea. Just imagine that. People who loved gonna watch it over and over again. This is not great last memory.
But its only my opinion.
Well I appreciate your opinion, so thanks for the two cents. I had a friend who CTB and apparently left a video note to her friends, in addition to a written email. Her friends did have a hard time watching it, but were also grateful that she left it behind because she thanked a lot of them for having supported her while she was alive. They felt like she obviously cared about them enough to do the video. For me, I'm not so sure the reception would be so great as I've lost a lot of friends over the last few years.That's the reason I ask if it would come across as negative or manipulative somehow. But obviously if you're dead then there's nothing to manipulate someone into doing or feeling, so it's a bit stupid to assume such a thing out of someone who died by suicide.

• Hugs
Reactions: MakyMy
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
I thought of this in the past. Don't care anymore about that really. What happens if I succeed doesn't seem to matter anymore.

Reactions: LMFAO FOCKERS and MichiyoCornell
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
When/If I ctb, I'll leave a video note too.

Reactions: BPD_LE
Y

Yorkshire91

Aug 30, 2019
When I made my previous attempt I left audio recordings.

Reactions: MichiyoCornell and BPD_LE
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
Not sure about this, I think it would destroy my family, I will just go quietly x

• Hugs
Reactions: Fartlastone
MichiyoCornell

MichiyoCornell

Sep 8, 2019
I don't know. After seeing people's responses to this, I'm still unsure of whether it would be the right thing to do. My family is really big about saving face and hiding things they find shameful so it kind of goes against their wishes, but I know my friends would probably appreciate it.

• Love
Reactions: everydaygetsworse
everydaygetsworse

everydaygetsworse

Oct 3, 2019
I've considered the same many times, as it was said before by another member, so many notes destroyed. I think a video will be the way to go, and I understand you completely about having a large family that is big in saving face, they bury things so deep that it was not until recently that I learnt that a cousin who used to be somewhat close to me, has major depression, but it's something that it's kept in the down-low.
My two cents would be that once we've elected to ctb, it should no longer be about their wishes or desires, but about us at the deepest possible level, think about what would make you feel more peaceful, that would be my 2 cents, I hope they're worth something
Best wishes

Reactions: MichiyoCornell and Élégie