• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

emma99

Jul 31, 2024
So this is a topic that isn't covered in any of the books.
I mean usually people associate bathtub drowning as an accidental form of suicide
However what i have gained so far from my research is that Aaron Carter
the brother of Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys drowned in the bathtub
and he was 5ft 8" at the time.

An autopsy report, obtained by US media outlets, said he had died after becoming
"incapacitated" and becoming "submerged underwater".
The report from the Los Angeles medical examiner noted the effects
of sedatives and inhaling gas as contributing to his death.
Alprazolam, often sold under the brand name Xanax,
was found in Carter's system as was the presence of difluoroethane.
"Difluoroethane is a gas commonly used as a propellant in air spray cleaners
for electronic devices that can induce feelings of euphoria when inhaled," the report stated.
"It is known to have cardiotoxic effects which can lead to cardiac arrhythmias and sudden cardiac arrest.
"Alprazolam (a benzodiazepine) has depressant effects on the central nervous system which can cause drowsiness and sedation."
It continued: "Based on the autopsy findings, investigative reports and circumstances, as currently known, Mr Carter became incapacitated while in the bathtub due to the effects of inhaling compressed gas and taking alprazolam.

I found another report from 2015 about a man in his 60's who drowned himself in the bath
This report didn't give any details of intoxication but it was ruled a suicide.

The thing is, I don't think there is much known about bathtub suicides.
I know i have played around with the idea. and if i was to attempt it it would be highly experimental.
from the combination of drugs i take, to weather ofr not i huf gas in the bath.

I have taken baths before whilst drunk and stonned. and I have passed out in the bath and woken up before.
It seems to me that passing out in the bath isn't the difficult part
its finding a way to become submerged after you pass out.

Does anyone have any helpful input in relation to bathtub drowning suicides

SaikoKimiko

SaikoKimiko

Mar 27, 2024
You can probably find something in the megathread under drowning, I also remember someone posting a method that made you hyperventilate and then hold your breath underwater, which made you pass out and then drown, you can do it in your bathtub, but I don't know whether that's a good method cause I remember some people that claimed to be divers were saying it's not worthwhile and a bad idea. Hope that this can help you find some leads that you're looking for