• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
Like many of you, I have mental and emotional problems. If I had the means, I'd be a shut it. But being a working slob, up until recently, with humble cash flow, I've had to be out and about. But, I get use to things. And I HATE change. A lot of the things in my city are changing so fast recently. All of the places I have gone over the last 20 years all sort of decided to either close, or change a lot. It makes me so uneasy. One place I recently visited for the first time in years was REALLY BAD. Our humble mall was a hang out for me for a lot of the 20 years I've been in my city. But everyone knows over the last years it's gone down hill, and I haven't gone back. About a week ago, on a Friday evening, when it once would have been packed, with stores bustling, and the food court hoping, I visited it, and it was empty of both people and stores. A few anchor stores are still there, and they have a couple really stupid things new that I can't believe anyone cares about, or that it's keeping it open. But I walked the length of it, and back. Stopping to stare into the empty places I loved so much, with just the counters left. I remember going for years. Seasons changing over and over. I was going to college for the first years at night school, and then online. Using the mall as a place to go, even though I had no family or friends around. So much I can't explain, can't put into words, and don't know if I'm coming off as crazy...or if others here will understand. It was comfortingly the same for so long. Very few of the places I liked left for so many years, and my favorites not at all. It was tied to my hopes and dreams about the better future I was going to have. As I walked through, I made the further mistake of going into the few anchor stores left. I had a pattern of the floor I walked for each store in the mall, and I was able to do it for the few remaining. That, mixed with looking into the ones gone, I realized the dream is over. I thought of the last 20 years, and how it's all gone sour. I walked around and remembered the times I would drive to and visit my beloved grandmother in her retirement apartment....now dead. The only person to accept me for who I was, and supported me. Everything just felt gone, and it is. As I walked around, a nearly 50 year old man, I was having a panic attack. It was all I could do to stop from dropping to my knees and crying. Both for what was and is gone, and what will never be.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GinaIsReady, lostangel, Soul and 5 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
If I partner with you, remind me never to take you shopping.

• Hugs
Reactions: lostangel, jake3d and Laststop
Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
I also dislike change, you are not crazy. Just not a sheep, and that is a quality. This must have been a pretty rough experience for you, and I give you credit for writing about it.

Reactions: GinaIsReady, Soul and Laststop
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I also dislike change, you are not crazy. Just not a sheep, and that is a quality. This must have been a pretty rough experience for you, and I give you credit for writing about it.
Thank you. I'm relieved and grateful to have people who will listen and understand.

• Hugs
Reactions: GinaIsReady, justanotherday and Soul
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
I can totally relate to this post. I lived in London for 30 years and walking around familiar shopping areas browsing in the amazing shops you would find in a major city with such a long history was a rare pleasure, particularly for a solitary soul like me. But the city I used to know has gone. Record stores, book shops, cinemas, music venues, so many places are gone. Gentrification, rising inequality, the rise of the internet and other factors are destroying the character of so many places. There are whole You Tube channels devoted to 'dead malls', which are either full of vacant stores or entirely closed.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Kikoo Loool, Laststop and Soul
Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I can totally relate to this post. I lived in London for 30 years and walking around familiar shopping areas browsing in the amazing shops you would find in a major city with such a long history was a rare pleasure, particularly for a solitary soul like me. But the city I used to know has gone. Record stores, book shops, cinemas, music venues, so many places are gone. Gentrification, rising inequality, the rise of the internet and other factors are destroying the character of so many places. There are whole You Tube channels devoted to 'dead malls', which are either full of vacant stores or entirely closed.
I too can relate. I know exactly how you feel.