_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
I am curious...

What are some rebuttals you may have for people who say ridiculous things like,
"suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."

Or people who say that committing suicide
is the easy way out, or
That people who commit suicide are cowards?

What are your best rebuttals to those statements???

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, it's_all_a_game, whywere and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life is the temporary problem, suicide is the permanent solution. Death literally solves all of lifes problems.

• Hugs
Reactions: _battered_butterfly_, BottomlessPit, Dead Meat and 2 others
Upvote 0
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
That people who commit suicide are cowards?
"Well, I am more than proud to be a coward then. I'm sorry not to be as "brave" as you all!"
reading yours made me think:
"cowards? have you ever tried committing suicide? its not that easy. living would be the easy thing. all you have to do is breath and youre alive."

• Hugs
Reactions: _battered_butterfly_, Grave, lanax09 and 2 others
Upvote 0
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/cliches.63099/

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and whywere
Upvote 0
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Well lets see, I have had 2 attempts because of various factors, so that makes me a coward or whatever in some ones mind?? When some one judges another person they are only looking in a mirror at themselves and, duh! judging themselves. One of the simplest things to do in this life is: "easy to judge, hard to understand". The global family here supports each other so much and the heck with other people. Walk in my shoes, then judge me afterwards. Walter

• Love
Reactions: _battered_butterfly_ and WornOutLife
Upvote 0
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
No point trying to explain something so multifacited in sound bites. Everything on individual merit! In some cases people saying its a permenant solution to a temporary problem are correct. But in the next breath they could be entirely wrong if they were aiming it at a terminally ill person. It's symantics I suppose but that's just the nature of things. They're not simple unless they are.

I think in short, my response is instinctively that they don't understand and hopefully they never will have to but one day they might and in that moment it's a shame we won't have chance to revisit this conversation.

Suicide is not easy.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
Upvote 0