Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
Due to my insurance, I have this medical transportation set up to take me to my appointments. I had one this morning and I thought I got in my drivers car; same make and model they told me was coming.

He starts driving in the wrong direction and I ask him if he was a Lyft driver, which he said yes, so I tell him I was in the wrong car. I'm thinking he'll just make a u-turn to drive back, but he tells me he's been working since 4am, that he's tired and going to drive back home.

I managed to unlock the door myself and get the fuck out. I was about a 10 minute walk from home at that point. I really should've checked the plates before getting in and after getting out, I feel so stupid.

I'm trying to get in touch with Lyft right now but I don't know if anything can be done since I didn't get the plates. I'm really shook up right now and I don't have anyone to else to talk to about this.

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Alcoholic Teletubby, 710 and 5 others
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I am sorry you had such an experience.

I don't think you should feel stupid; you avoided possible harm.

That being said, I am glad you are safe, though shook up.

I might be wrong, but Lyft might be able to GPS track which driver/car was at your location without the plate number if they have your address.

Also, they might come back and say they had no car in your area, which would tell you that the driver did not make a mistake and had nefarious intentions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 710, Iamchickenhat and Lullaby
L

Lone Wanderer

Student
Jul 28, 2022
Just glad you're okay n safe. Thats all that matters.

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Alcoholic Teletubby, Iamchickenhat and 2 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
A description of his car and physical appearance should suffice.

I'm glad you're okay. Please don't feel stupid. No one expects these things to happen to them.

• Love
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, 710, Iamchickenhat and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That does sound so terrifying, it's scary how in this life so many things can potentially go wrong, but at least you found a way to escape from the situation. I'm sorry that you had to go through this.

• Love
Reactions: Iamchickenhat and Lullaby
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
I am sorry you had such an experience.

I don't think you should feel stupid; you avoided possible harm.

That being said, I am glad you are safe, though shook up.

I might be wrong, but Lyft might be able to GPS track which driver/car was at your location without the plate number if they have your address.

Also, they might come back and say they had no car in your area, which would tell you that the driver did not make a mistake and had nefarious intentions.

Yeah, Lyft hasn't gotten back to me yet but I might stop by the police station and maybe just have a report of it? My building should have cameras in the front, so if I asked hopefully they'd be able see what his plates were.

Part of me just wants to go home and forget about this but I would feel horrible not trying to do something, especially since this person is picking up people everyday. I don't want it to happen to anyone else.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat
Iamchickenhat

Iamchickenhat

Experienced
Dec 17, 2021
Yeah, Lyft hasn't gotten back to me yet but I might stop by the police station and maybe just have a report of it? My building should have cameras in the front, so if I asked hopefully they'd be able see what his plates were.

Part of me just wants to go home and forget about this but I would feel horrible not trying to do something, especially since this person is picking up people everyday. I don't want it to happen to anyone else.
I also rely on insurance medical rides. This has been a thing in my mind before. It sounds as if you saved yourself. Don't second guess yourself. I'm glad you're safe. Yes! Go make a police report!

• Informative
Reactions: outatime_85
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022

A PD report of some kind might help.

Even if you can't give them plate numbers, if you remember the color, make, and model, they may take that.

At the very least, they will have a card on file in case it happens to someone else.

I would think your daily routine is already difficult; the last thing you needed was for that to happen, so I can understand you just wanting to forget it and not let the event add to anything else you are dealing with in your life.

Again, I'm glad you got out of it safely, and I hope you are feeling at ease and less frightened now.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat