BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I literally have to reason to do this, it's not for attention or help. Guess I just wanna see what happens. :meh: If this isn't the dumbest thing you've read today...

• Aww..
Reactions: Zoya, whywere, Final Escape and 2 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I can't stop you but I would advise against it. With most pills, whether they're OTC or prescribed, they are designed to be safe and so it makes it unlikely to be fatal if you try and OD. What will most likely happen is that it will be incredibly painful and could possibly cause organ damage etc. It's not a reliable ctb method

Reactions: Sensei
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I've definitely read dumber today! :pfff:

:hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and BitterlyAlive
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Deep breath, stand back, it's time.
Aug 19, 2020
What kind of pills? If you tell us, we might be able to say whether it is likely to be successful, or just going to make things worse.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I can't stop you but I would advise against it. With most pills, whether they're OTC or prescribed, they are designed to be safe and so it makes it unlikely to be fatal if you try and OD. What will most likely happen is that it will be incredibly painful and could possibly cause organ damage etc. It's not a reliable ctb method
It's just a stupid urge that's been plaguing me today.
What kind of pills? If you tell us, we might be able to say whether it is likely to be successful, or just going to make things worse.
They're just going to mess me up a bit if I do it. Sleeping meds, various antidepressants, cold medicine. It's definitely not going to kill me. Just a stupid urge that's been in my head today.

Last edited:
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Aug 19, 2020
I know the feeling, I get them sometimes too. Urge to do stupid stuff that accomplish nothing except possibly making things worse, as you might hurt your body in an irreparable way. Or being found and locked up.

But it will pass! Anything you can do that is able to distract you? At least for a while?

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I know the feeling, I get them sometimes too. Urge to do stupid stuff that accomplish nothing except possibly making things worse, as you might hurt your body in an irreparable way. Or being found and locked up.

But it will pass! Anything you can do that is able to distract you? At least for a while?
Omg if someone walked in on me doing that I would definitely be sent to a psych ward.

I'm going to spend some time with family soon. We're having cake together. I don't really know if that will distract me much because I've been gaining weight, and wanting to hurt myself more because of it.

I'm sorry, this has become kind of pathetic and whiny.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Soul and Sarahlynn
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Omg if someone walked in on me doing that I would definitely be sent to a psych ward.

I'm going to spend some time with family soon. We're having cake together. I don't really know if that will distract me much because I've been gaining weight, and wanting to hurt myself more because of it.

I'm sorry, this has become kind of pathetic and whiny.
Don't apologise. You're allowed to vent and whine about whatever is bothering you if it makes you feel better

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive, Sensei and Sarahlynn
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Aug 19, 2020
If you think this is phatetic and whiny, you should see me at my worst :pfff:

Ok, so you have gained weight. I know, that sucks. Lets put things into perspective. To gain one kg, you need to eat an excess of about 7000 kcals. If you have a big chunk of cake later, what would that be, maybe 1000 kcal? A seventh of a kg. You could easily lose that in a few days.

Right now you are having an emotional crisis. You need something to snap you out of it. Maybe something as stupid as cake can help? Obviously, it is far from any cure or magic solution, but sugar makes us feel good and maybe you'll get a tiny, but much needed endorphine boost. You deserve that cake today. You should sit down and enjoy it, and try to think to yourself that that is ok. You might gain å total of 150 grams, that is nothing in the long, or even the short, run.

And with the distraction that your family can provide, you will be able to distance yourself a bit more from the intrusive thoughts.

I am rooting for you, you can do this! :))

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive and Deleted member 19654
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
If you think this is phatetic and whiny, you should see me at my worst :pfff:

Ok, so you have gained weight. I know, that sucks. Lets put things into perspective. To gain one kg, you need to eat an excess of about 7000 kcals. If you have a big chunk of cake later, what would that be, maybe 1000 kcal? A seventh of a kg. You could easily lose that in a few days.

Right now you are having an emotional crisis. You need something to snap you out of it. Maybe something as stupid as cake can help? Obviously, it is far from any cure or magic solution, but sugar makes us feel good and maybe you'll get a tiny, but much needed endorphine boost. You deserve that cake today. You should sit down and enjoy it, and try to think to yourself that that is ok. You might gain å total of 150 grams, that is nothing in the long, or even the short, run.

And with the distraction that your family can provide, you will be able to distance yourself a bit more from the intrusive thoughts.

I am rooting for you, you can do this! :))
Lmao I feel like everything I post on here is kinda pathetic and whiny anyway, but especially self harm shit.

I binge eat on junk, hence the weight gain. I'm literally not even hungry and my stomach aches but I eat anyway to try and "fill the void". Thanks for putting the cake into perspective.

I wish I literally felt too sick to eat again. Depression weight loss is scary but damn I looked good 20 pounds ago.
Don't apologise. You're allowed to vent and whine about whatever is bothering you if it makes you feel better
Thanks, mate. I just feel like an annoying little shit when I post this kind of stuff.
I've definitely read dumber today! :pfff:

:hug:
You know what, that's a good point. Just go onto social media or dare to take a look at the news... :pfff: :hug:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Sarahlynn
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Aug 19, 2020
Lmao I feel like everything I post on here is kinda pathetic and whiny anyway, but especially self harm shit.

I binge eat on junk, hence the weight gain. I'm literally not even hungry and my stomach aches but I eat anyway to try and "fill the void". Thanks for putting the cake into perspective.

I wish I literally felt too sick to eat again. Depression weight loss is scary but damn I looked good 20 pounds ago.
Well, I don't find you whiny at all. You're going through a hard time, and you're venting. Thats healthy!

How old are you? I am over 30, and recently started cutting, haven't in years. Trying to avoid it though, as it leave scars and the wounds are so visible. In one way it feels good, but in another way it makes me feel like a stupid emo attention seeking 14 year old... Even if I don't cut where people can see. So I can really understand how you feel when venting about self harm.

Just a tip: do NOT self harm by antidepressants. Serotonine syndrome is not fun. At all. As a stupid teen I thought "hey, happy pills, just take a load and i'll feel good, right?" Oh boy, was I wrong. That is one of the worst experiences I ever had, I got SO sick. Insane headaches, vomiting like crazy, cold-sweating, cramping, just pain everywhere.

I binge a lot as well, right now I am too depressed as I am just nauseus all the time. But food really do help fill that void. For a very short time. Its just so not worth it though, no idea why I keep doing it. But try to separate between unhealthy, "binging to feel good eating", and enjoying a single piece of cake in a social setting with your family. It's so easy to think of all eating as bad when in that state. But some times it is ok, and necessary, to indulge a little. And that little treat later today is not what will make you fat.

• Hugs
Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Well, I don't find you whiny at all. You're going through a hard time, and you're venting. Thats healthy!

How old are you? I am over 30, and recently started cutting, haven't in years. Trying to avoid it though, as it leave scars and the wounds are so visible. In one way it feels good, but in another way it makes me feel like a stupid emo attention seeking 14 year old... Even if I don't cut where people can see. So I can really understand how you feel when venting about self harm.

Just a tip: do NOT self harm by antidepressants. Serotonine syndrome is not fun. At all. As a stupid teen I thought "hey, happy pills, just take a load and i'll feel good, right?" Oh boy, was I wrong. That is one of the worst experiences I ever had, I got SO sick. Insane headaches, vomiting like crazy, cold-sweating, cramping, just pain everywhere.

I binge a lot as well, right now I am too depressed as I am just nauseus all the time. But food really do help fill that void. For a very short time. Its just so not worth it though, no idea why I keep doing it. But try to separate between unhealthy, "binging to feel good eating", and enjoying a single piece of cake in a social setting with your family. It's so easy to think of all eating as bad when in that state. But some times it is ok, and necessary, to indulge a little. And that little treat later today is not what will make you fat.
I'm 23. I also started cutting "recently" - earlier this year. Scissors weren't doing the job anymore, so I "upgraded". Makes me also feel like a 14 year old emo, even though I do it in hidden spots.

Yeah, serotonin syndrome sucks. I think I gave myself SS earlier this year by doing the same thing. Overdosed on meds bc lol why not. Was agitated, vision was blurry, had digestive issues. Not a fun time at all, and SS can turn bad quickly.

This sounds awful but I'd much rather self harm instead of binge again :/

• Aww..
Reactions: Sarahlynn
Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Aug 19, 2020
I'm 23. I also started cutting "recently" - earlier this year. Scissors weren't doing the job anymore, so I "upgraded". Makes me also feel like a 14 year old emo, even though I do it in hidden spots.

Yeah, serotonin syndrome sucks. I think I gave myself SS earlier this year by doing the same thing. Overdosed on meds bc lol why not. Was agitated, vision was blurry, had digestive issues. Not a fun time at all, and SS can turn bad quickly.

This sounds awful but I'd much rather self harm instead of binge again :/
Watch out for upgrades though, that is a sign that things are about to spiral out of control, and it is time for a break. Try to switch to another method for a while when you get to that point. I sometimes switch to hitting, bruises aren't as satisfying as blood, but I think it is safer. And you get a nice, dull pain that lasts for a while, as well as an interesting bruise that evolves over the coming days.

LOL, never thought I would be having a "rational" discussion like this with anyone. We truly are mad, aren't we...

71eKDLBn26L._SX500_.jpg

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Watch out for upgrades though, that is a sign that things are about to spiral out of control, and it is time for a break. Try to switch to another method for a while when you get to that point. I sometimes switch to hitting, bruises aren't as satisfying as blood, but I think it is safer. And you get a nice, dull pain that lasts for a while, as well as an interesting bruise that evolves over the coming days.

LOL, never thought I would be having a "rational" discussion like this with anyone. We truly are mad, aren't we...

71eKDLBn26L._SX500_.jpg
Lol... I upgraded from scissors to pencil sharpener blades to razor blades in a week. It was pretty bad for a while. Much more controlled now... Thank you so much for the advice.

I've hit myself before, but was too afraid to hit hard enough to *really* hurt myself. :/ And yes lol. We're all a bit "mad", and that's okay.

Reactions: Sarahlynn
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
I literally have to reason to do this, it's not for attention or help. Guess I just wanna see what happens. :meh: If this isn't the dumbest thing you've read today...
Let me try to dissuade you from random but dangerous attempts. The human body is both fragile and incredibly resistant. You will probably survive the attempt but cause yourself harm that will just serve to lower the quality of your life. I know this because it happened to me. A failed attempt triggered an autoimmune condition that just made life worse. Failed attempts aren't successful in killing you but they're often successful in giving you chronic conditions.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Let me try to dissuade you from random but dangerous attempts. The human body is both fragile and incredibly resistant. You will probably survive the attempt but cause yourself harm that will just serve to lower the quality of your life. I know this because it happened to me. A failed attempt triggered an autoimmune condition that just made life worse. Failed attempts aren't successful in killing you but they're often successful in giving you chronic conditions.
Yeah. Urges are stupid. I honestly feel this is more of a desire to hurt myself than to kill myself. I guess I could cut instead if this urge keeps up. It's safer...

Thanks for the logic, mate.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I used to do this as self harm along with cutting

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I used to do this as self harm along with cutting
I'll admit, I've done it a couple times before. Cutting is "safer" though because you're not fucking up your organs. Agh...

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I'll admit, I've done it a couple times before. Cutting is "safer" though because you're not fucking up your organs. Agh...
I guess it depends how bad the cutting is but usually it is safer

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Keep in mind cutting veins can be the most harmful if the attempt is not successful. You could end up with poor and painful circulation in just that part of your body. I got a taste of that when I was hospitalized and the IV damaged my vein on a very small level, so small a sonogram was needed to assess the damage. Still it hurt like hell. I wish people researched failed outcomes of attempts as much as they research the method.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I wish people researched failed outcomes of attempts as much as they research the method.
Well to be fair this isn't an attempt. I literally just want to hurt myself. If I wanted to kill myself I have the method available right in my room.

A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Well to be fair this isn't an attempt. I literally just want to hurt myself. If I wanted to kill myself I have the method available right in my room.
I know but you said cutting. I guess you mean just superficial not cutting any veins? As many know cutting veins is not a good method.

BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I know but you said cutting. I guess you mean just superficial not cutting any veins? As many know cutting veins is not a good method.
Yep, superficial. Sorry for the confusion

Sarahlynn

Sarahlynn

Aug 19, 2020
How did the family thing go?