A

Anon123

Nov 6, 2020
I made a post yesterday but I dont think I explained what I meant properly so I'm re posting part of it. I'm in a mental health rehab place so I'm limited with options and materials. I have thought about dying for a long time now so this isnt an impulsive decision. Been in here means I cant use my original plan. I'm thinking of using my dressing gown cord to hang myself. Theres a medium strength branch. I cant do those proper nots so was just going to wrap one end on the tree and put a few nots. Then stand on a chair and do this same on my kneck then kick the chair away. Would this hold weight and not just snap or fail? I'm going to wait till all other residents are in bed as I dont want one them finding me. I'm doing therapy here but its braking me and i have tried so much over the last 10 years and nothing works. I'm 25 now and I've had enough of this tourcher from my mind. I need peace. Tha k you for ready and or replying.

• Hugs
Reactions: virginiawoolf86, yive and sadworld
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
How are we supposed to judge if it holds? Test it yourself by weighing something on it.

If I was going with that I'd use a metal pole.

Reactions: sadworld
A

Anon123

Nov 6, 2020
How are we supposed to judge if it holds? Test it yourself by weighing something on it.

If I was going with that I'd use a metal pole.
People may have tried hanging previously so may know how strong something needs to be to hold. I dont have access to a metal pole.

sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
If it's strong enough to hold it should work.

Reactions: Anon123
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
People may have tried hanging previously so may know how strong something needs to be to hold. I dont have access to a metal pole.
Industrial sites have it. You can even do it there.

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Put your foot in the loop to test its strength

Reactions: Metalhead, yive and Anon123
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
risky, but i totally understand your decision and your situation.
good luck. i hope you find the peace you deserve

L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
That's a really good idea! Thank you!
[/QUOTE]

Always do that with hanging loops. That's how you can decide how decent your knot is. Lift your body weight up with your foot in the loop and stay like that for a few minutes.

Reactions: Anon123 and yive
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I am worried about the lack of certainty here and the fact that you can't test or practice much of anything involved

Reactions: virginiawoolf86
Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Not_Quite_Dead_Yet

Student
Oct 27, 2018
I am worried about the lack of certainty here and the fact that you can't test or practice much of anything involved
Unfortunately, there is not much certainty about anything in life. Or even death. Practicing is hard, I understand that, so I suppose one just takes one's chances and if possible, shares the lessons learned afterwards.

Reactions: Anon123
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Do they let people out late at night to the place with the tree? I thought they kept the doors locked.

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
Unfortunately, there is not much certainty about anything in life. Or even death. Practicing is hard, I understand that, so I suppose one just takes one's chances and if possible, shares the lessons learned afterwards.
This is true, but most people do see a certain balance between risk and reward. It's up to OP to decide how much of a risk they are willing to take, but personally I would not risk a poorly planned hanging with 0 practice since the consequences of failure can be so huge.

A

Anon123

Nov 6, 2020
Do they let people out late at night to the place with the tree? I thought they kept the doors locked.
The tree is in the garden. I was going to wait till all other residents are in bed. This place is more rehab so it's a step down from the psych ward I was in first b4 coming here. Although still locked easier to do stuff with materials here.
I know. I'm informal here but would section me if I tried to leave. Mayb i should try get discharged tomorrow and go with my original plan but I'm getting desperate and just want to be gone and free from this mental tourcher
I may get put back on a main psych ward if not fatal and caught and I cant have that. But I know the risks of Brain damage and stuff too

Last edited:
ready 2 go

ready 2 go

done with life
Apr 16, 2020
How long do you have left to stay there? If someone catches you before you die you could end up staying in rehab longer, if not back in the psych ward. Would you be able to hold on until after you're discharged? You might have more time alone, and could be more certain that won't be found and "saved"

R

Regen

I stay in my power
Aug 20, 2020
Oh no, it's really very risky in soo many points... I deeply understand your wish to escape the pain. But please rethink the actual plan.

How long can you be outside during the day without being noticed? Use this timeframe to get away by bus or train in a more distant forest. Leave your mobile phone in the rehab.
Probably they will look for you with police and maybe search dogs and helicopters. But the time lead will be enough. In the garden of the rehab someone can see you at any time. And maybe a patient will find you anyway.

I'm thinking of you and i wish you enough daily breaks from your pain.