S

Simon777

Jul 27, 2020
I have no qualms about ctb regarding myself, but the idea that anything I said or did encouraged anyone else is completely intolerable to me.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I don't see how your post relates to the title.

You're not the only member who has felt as you do. You don't have to give anyone advice about ctb'ing, but it's also bad form to not honor others' right and ability to choose for themselves, and to try to talk them out if it (outright discouraging is as much against the rules as encouraging). We're all (ostensibly) adults here, so if it's okay for you, it's okay for everyone else. It's not an easy subject, it's understandable if you have discomfort around it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 17949, VIBRITANNIA and GoneGoneGone
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
You have to respect people's individuality and ability to choose a little. Nobody makes decisions in a mental vacuum; there are constantly factors around us making us think various ways about various things. Every decision you make is the result of some external encouragement, even if it took a lot of internal thinking to make the decision.

My point here is that while we should absolutely give fair representations of various options and not push people in a certain direction intentionally, there is no real reason to worry about fair facts or statements you're giving encouraging anyone to do anything.