KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
There has to be some way to accurately nail the carotid or another artery, right? I know razor blades are sharp and could easily get the job done but something in me is scared to inflict that level of harm without the certaintly of hitting the right spot.

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
Yes you can feel where it is and if you press on it you will start to black out.

KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
every resource I can find states that it's underneath about 2-3cm of flesh. So maybe the pulse i just being felt through the flesh?
And you would think this would be a more common suicide method than jumping.

ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
You may have to cut pretty deep. No it's not common I haven't heard anyone do it actually

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
every resource I can find states that it's underneath about 2-3cm of flesh. So maybe the pulse i just being felt through the flesh?
And you would think this would be a more common suicide method than jumping.
2-3 cm is a lot to cut through, even if you have a sharp blade. That takes either a lot of courage or just complete desperation/dissociation. If it was as impulsive as jumping, perhaps it would be popular but the action is harder I'd say. Not that jumping is easy, but once you jump it's done. If you cut you might need to cut into the wound again, that's really tough, even for some people who selfharm frequently.

Reactions: hopeisdead
KillerIsMe

KillerIsMe

Aug 26, 2023
I've self harmed but I definitely couldn't handle cutting into an existing wound, that sounds super rough. So it would definitely have to be a one and done thing
2-3 cm is a lot to cut through, even if you have a sharp blade. That takes either a lot of courage or just complete desperation/dissociation. If it was as impulsive as jumping, perhaps it would be popular but the action is harder I'd say. Not that jumping is easy, but once you jump it's done. If you cut you might need to cut into the wound again, that's really tough, even for some people who selfharm frequ

Reactions: fwompie
stscss

stscss

Aug 14, 2023
I was planning on trying this years ago. Was shaking and ended up in tears and making cuts all over my whole body. None of them were deep enough so didn't even have to go to the doctor.

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
I've tried that a few months ago. I bought scalpels instead of razor blades and I also used aspirin and alcohol to battle blood coagulation, did it under a shower. I tried cutting my radial lengthwise and had to cut into the wound multiple times until it was a big gash. It felt more painful than other times I cut, almost like a burning sensation. I'm not sure how deep I cut but it wasn't enough and I only managed to pierce the veins. I'm sure it's possible since I've heard of people ctb'ing like that irl, but it must take a lot of determination or luck with hitting just the right spot