Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I've been suicidal many times in the past and right now, I've been living my life just by coasting.

I'm 26 and I admit, I've fucked up my entire life so far because of gaming. A part of me doesn't regret it though since those times made me happy and it's scary to grow up and face reality. I'm in this transition phase between only playing games casually and to fully go into the unknown and go straight into new things but..

A part of me always think about death and I'm always obsessed with it. Not in a bad way but just a good way because we all die in the end of course and everything philosophy related always intrigued me.

I don't really wanna go grow old and I know we all do but some part of me just wants to end my life at some point when I feel like I've reached a tipping point and enjoyed my life to its fullest. What @Chiyuki99 said in the introduce yourself part in the forum and explaining she doesn't want to grow old, even being 21 and she wants to die eventually, despite having everything. Not even being depressed. I felt that.

What's your guy's take on the rationality of Suicide?

I just have to be careful on what I say because I don't want anyone to just go up and quickly off themselves because one bad thing goes wrong. There is a recover forum here and I support anyone who deserves to get better. Everyone is different.

Attachments

• BEE0CF5C-3D02-4719-86C0-87022355DF36.jpeg
    BEE0CF5C-3D02-4719-86C0-87022355DF36.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: andresantosfx, _Minsk, TAW122 and 7 others
Incorrigible77777

Incorrigible77777

I was born human and I'm sorry for that. ——太宰 治
Jul 9, 2020
Same. I'm already satisfied with what I've achieved and experienced. Looking into my future, I have nothing else to expect. My beloved parent is already gone, so I should go soon. I'm gay so I'm not considering to build a family. Looking into how life would be 20 years later, it could just be the same or worse than now. If I stop now, I'll retain my youth forever. Rather than depression, it's more like a deliberate decision made full of ration.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, LetzteAusfahrt, ERASED and 3 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
I hear you on that, thanks for sharing. I Believe you can recover from that but yet... I agree with some of your points and I'd like to CTB Sooner than later myself. Thoughts , Prayers and Blessings sent to you with whatever / whenever it may happen. ❤

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, ERASED and Joey
AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
Just curious. What kind of games do you play?

I play video games too. But I think I rarely have too much fun playing video games. Maybe when I'm winning. It's one of few things I have in my life that I can do in order to destress a bit, but I don't even enjoy video games that much. But it's better than having on going miserable thoughts.

Reactions: Huntfish34 and ERASED
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Just curious. What kind of games do you play?

I play video games too. But I think I rarely have too much fun playing video games. Maybe when I'm winning. It's one of few things I have in my life that I can do in order to destress a bit, but I don't even enjoy video games that much. But it's better than having on going miserable thoughts.
I used to have a PS3 and PS4. I was a huge Call of Duty gamer and even played many other Triple A games from Sony. I've met so many awesome people.

What I do now is play Nintendo Switch and just play the causal like Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, etc.

Reactions: Huntfish34, AngelGirl and ERASED
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Have fun with your life and gaming. You had your moments and you could have more moments. Its possible to continue gaming while getting the money and other needs for life. Also don't blame yourself if you want to ctb, life is inherently wrong.

Also yea, I have much problems but my main reason to ctb is logical/philosophical. I play games and will never stop until death/ctb.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Huntfish34, ERASED and 1 other person
Mr.Mediocre

Mr.Mediocre

Jun 25, 2020
I too spent most of my youth playing video games, however I don't regret it in the slightest, in the long run I believe it helped me cope with the unrelenting bullying I got in school. I still play games actively and recently built a new PC. I quit most FPS games though, due to being painfully average, and because I possess a very competitive personality it drove me insane being outplayed constantly despite the thousands of hours I've invested into whatever game.

I am incredibly nostalgic about a few games I used to play back when I was 13/14 and have even cried because I have since lost all the friends I made during those times.

• Love
Reactions: casctb, _Minsk, Huntfish34 and 2 others
AngelGirl

AngelGirl

Cat
May 18, 2019
I used to have a PS3 and PS4. I was a huge Call of Duty gamer and even played many other Triple A games from Sony. I've met so many awesome people.

What I do now is play Nintendo Switch and just play the causal like Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, etc.
Sounds like you had fun playing PS3, PS4 games. Why did you stop playing them? There's nothing wrong with spending many hours playing video games, especially if that's something that makes you happy. If anyone tells you you are wasting your time and youth on video games, don't listen and just ignore them. If playing video games makes you happy, I think you should continue playing video games and be happy.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Huntfish34 and Joey
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Sounds like you had fun playing PS3, PS4 games. Why did you stop playing them? There's nothing wrong with spending many hours playing video games, especially if that's something that makes you happy. If anyone tells you you are wasting your time and youth on video games, don't listen and just ignore them. If playing video games makes you happy, I think you should continue playing video games and be happy.
Wow thanks so much and that means a lot! I will continue doing it and to the best of my ability. I shouldn't be afraid to try new things as well and gaming will always be apart of who I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk, Huntfish34 and AngelGirl
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
Nobody asked to be born and I think it's really selfish for people, especially parents, to guilt children into thinking, "no you're not sad enough to control what you do with your life". Suicide is especially beautiful when you learn that the only reason you're kept alive here on Earth is to feed off of you. It's even more special when you learn there is an existence after death and it's fucking amazing. Don't, like, take my word for it. It's been proven scientifically. I've already made a thread about this, but if you want more info, I'll gladly explain.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, AngelGirl and Joey
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Nobody asked to be born and I think it's really selfish for people, especially parents, to guilt children into thinking, "no you're not sad enough to control what you do with your life". Suicide is especially beautiful when you learn that the only reason you're kept alive here on Earth is to feed off of you. It's even more special when you learn there is an existence after death and it's fucking amazing. Don't, like, take my word for it. It's been proven scientifically. I've already made a thread about this, but if you want more info, I'll gladly explain.
Let's hear it and I'm an agnostic. I'm always open-minded on the afterlife/atheism part of people's beliefs.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
Let's hear it and I'm an agnostic. I'm always open-minded on the afterlife/atheism part of people's beliefs.
Here's my thread. It's really nice to hear what people think about this, especially because it's very relevant to this website.
When asked to elaborate, I made this post. When asked for further reading material, I made this post. It was very open ended, but pretty much, this institute took a scientific approach to OBEs (Out of body experiences) which they could recreate consistently and learn to control. As I described, the astral body is free to roam the Universe without hindrance, without a limit to space or time. One of the places they explored is, of course, the afterlife. Pretty much, when you die, you go wherever you want. The only limit is your belief system. They mapped out a pretty cool representation of the places they discovered. Because the possibilities are endless, I won't bother trying to list everything. Hope that helps!

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk and Joey
I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I think suicide is the more rational thing to do than to stretch out a pointless existence.

Reactions: Walkingcorpse123, casctb, _Minsk and 2 others
C

Cutepoison

Losing all hope was freedom
Dec 22, 2019
That quote is very accurate

Reactions: _Minsk, Huntfish34 and Joey
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've been suicidal many times in the past and right now, I've been living my life just by coasting.

I'm 26 and I admit, I've fucked up my entire life so far because of gaming. A part of me doesn't regret it though since those times made me happy and it's scary to grow up and face reality. I'm in this transition phase between only playing games casually and to fully go into the unknown and go straight into new things but..

A part of me always think about death and I'm always obsessed with it. Not in a bad way but just a good way because we all die in the end of course and everything philosophy related always intrigued me.

I don't really wanna go grow old and I know we all do but some part of me just wants to end my life at some point when I feel like I've reached a tipping point and enjoyed my life to its fullest. What @Chiyuki99 said in the introduce yourself part in the forum and explaining she doesn't want to grow old, even being 21 and she wants to die eventually, despite having everything. Not even being depressed. I felt that.

What's your guy's take on the rationality of Suicide?

I just have to be careful on what I say because I don't want anyone to just go up and quickly off themselves because one bad thing goes wrong. There is a recover forum here and I support anyone who deserves to get better. Everyone is different.
I agree with Alan Watt's quote about life and it makes a lot of sense. It's better to have a tolerable (or good - depending on the person) life albeit short, than to live a long, drawn out, miserable life. It's sad that pro-lifers will spin Watt's quote for another meaning by injecting their own self-motivational and life is good garbage into it, like "why not live a good long life?" Truth be told, not everyone has the luxury of what is a good and long life, as not everyone has the same opportunities, resources, goals, mindset, or interests (we are all different even if slightly).

Back to the question of rational suicide, yes, I do believe rational suicide is a thing, especially suicides that have been thoroughly planned, decision made over considering all options, exhausting all reasonable efforts to improve or overcome said problem(s) to no avail, and just general discontent about the state of life, the state of society, and more. There are even philosophical suicides, and one good example is Martin Manley, a man who lived to be exactly, 60 years of age, and he lived a great life both subjectively (according to him) and objectively (he had been in relationships, been married and divorced, had a successful career, traveled the world, and more). Then he decided that he just didn't want to continue to live until 70, 80, or even 100. He made a conscious decision after considering all the factors, took the risks, and then literally and figuratively went out with a bang. He even planned his death really precisely, to where he would die, to when his family (his sister) would get the note, to when the police would respond to his death (a suicide), etc.

Reactions: casctb, _Minsk, Joey and 1 other person
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I agree with Alan Watt's quote about life and it makes a lot of sense. It's better to have a tolerable (or good - depending on the person) life albeit short, than to live a long, drawn out, miserable life. It's sad that pro-lifers will spin Watt's quote for another meaning by injecting their own self-motivational and life is good garbage into it, like "why not live a good long life?" Truth be told, not everyone has the luxury of what is a good and long life, as not everyone has the same opportunities, resources, goals, mindset, or interests (we are all different even if slightly).

Back to the question of rational suicide, yes, I do believe rational suicide is a thing, especially suicides that have been thoroughly planned, decision made over considering all options, exhausting all reasonable efforts to improve or overcome said problem(s) to no avail, and just general discontent about the state of life, the state of society, and more. There are even philosophical suicides, and one good example is Martin Manley, a man who lived to be exactly, 60 years of age, and he lived a great life both subjectively (according to him) and objectively (he had been in relationships, been married and divorced, had a successful career, traveled the world, and more). Then he decided that he just didn't want to continue to live until 70, 80, or even 100. He made a conscious decision after considering all the factors, took the risks, and then literally and figuratively went out with a bang. He even planned his death really precisely, to where he would die, to when his family (his sister) would get the note, to when the police would respond to his death (a suicide), etc.
I think I do remember hearing about Martin Manley and his choice of when to end his life. Everyone has a story and sometimes the ones that are out of the blue/unexpected, it's a tragedy because of no notes or outward visible signs, leaving the ones that are behind questioned. I think all wishes should be respected whether if it's by their own choice or by an undiagnosed mental disorder.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Wow. That's really interesting stuff thrw, thanks for sharing !

Reactions: Joey
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Can relate a lot to the posts here, also have been spend most of my time playing games.. most time like rpg/mmo games, also minecraft, i did everything to escape this brutal and painful world and find relief in virtual ones.. spend most of my time in childhood playing, rather than investing in stupid one sided friendships, being depressed already is a death sentence in its own when it came to friends or close ones.. painful reality.. but now, even the most fun games cant even comprehend anything, used to be different.. fuck this crappy and sad existence!..
I too spent most of my youth playing video games, however I don't regret it in the slightest, in the long run I believe it helped me cope with the unrelenting bullying I got in school. I still play games actively and recently built a new PC. I quit most FPS games though, due to being painfully average, and because I possess a very competitive personality it drove me insane being outplayed constantly despite the thousands of hours I've invested into whatever game.

I am incredibly nostalgic about a few games I used to play back when I was 13/14 and have even cried because I have since lost all the friends I made during those times.
My life in a nutshell, fully agree with what you wrote!<3 Games have given me more therapy/healing than any psychologist could, but its a double-edged sword :/

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Joey