M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
Anyone started watching this on Netflix yet? TW if you do. But I'm enjoying it anyway

Reactions: LonelyNick and Deleted member 19654
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I finished it last night. I liked it but I definitely didn't love it. It feels like a spinoff of American horror story:asylum.

• Love
Reactions: Xocoyotziin, Teal_Blue_Dreams and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
I finished it last night. I liked it but I definitely didn't love it. It feels like a spinoff of American horror story:asylum.
Ahh I haven't seen American Horror Story: Asylum!
I'm on second last episode the now. Have really enjoyed it but it is strange haha

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
If you like ratched then you may like American horror story. Asylum is the second season and one of my favourites. Each season has a different storyline

• Love
Reactions: Élégie, Xocoyotziin and madbananas
M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
If you like ratched then you may like American horror story. Asylum is the second season and one of my favourites. Each season has a different storyline
Ahhh I'll need to give them a go :)

Reactions: Deleted member 19654
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I made it halfway through the first episode before I had to turn it off. I'm not a fan of Ryan Murphy and this confirmed it.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm assuming it's based on Nurse Ratched from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," correct?

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm assuming it's based on Nurse Ratched from "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," correct?
I've not seen/read one flew over the cuckoo's nest but yes, it's based on the nurse. I think this series is supposed to be a prequel of the original story

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Teal_Blue_Dreams

Arcanist
Sep 15, 2020
How does Sarah Paulson have the time to do all the shit she does? Is she still on AHS too?

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Jul 9, 2020
How does Sarah Paulson have the time to do all the shit she does? Is she still on AHS too?
She wasn't in the latest season (1984) but she'll be in the next one which is season 10.

Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
I like it when I think of it as another American Horror Story season. It's a bit too convoluted for me to think of it as a reasonable prequel. Sarah Paulson is being way too Sarah Paulson, which is great as a standalone thing, but not enough how I would envision Ratched in her youth. The connection between the two is to me very thin, almost nonexistent minus borrowing some of Ratched's backstory, and embellishing it a little too much. Almost like it was a pretext for making an original story about a nurse slowly descending into sociopathy and still getting an audience by riding on another movie's coattails.

Still very entertaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teal_Blue_Dreams and Deleted member 19654