K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
You know what I'm tired of online? And this is just in general, not specific to any social media site or forum or whatever. I'm tired of people being so freaking uncharitable.

I both experience and see it everywhere I go. You can post some of the most genuine, innocent stuff imagineable and someone, somewhere (and sometimes a lot of people) will find a way to take it out of context, or ignore specifics and/or interpret it in the worst possible light and then attack you for that interpretation. Doesn't matter that they're taking it in a way you didn't mean it at all, they'll do it anyway. You can try to clarify, but usually all that does is make people even bigger dicks to you. And once the hive mind has its mind set on something, there's no changing it. There's no trying to see your side or whatever, there's just a swarm of assholes.

People will literally not know you at all. And take that one out-of-context, misinterpreted thing to be your entire identity and treat you shittly accordingly.

I'm so sick of that shit.

I guess I'm a really weird person. Because when I see someone's thread asking for help or whatever, I look at that and I actually try to think of how I can help them and try to interpret things as they meant them. Rather than just, I guess, trying to get my rocks off on being a dick to someone who's having a hard time. Which I guess is just a sport online that so many people are addicted to. Or, hell, on Reddit trying to give a "clever" response to get upvotes. Or trying to get outraged freaking constantly, which is another sport online.

Just so sick of it.

People who are in a vulnerable place and reaching out should be met with empathy and actual help, not judgement and their words being taken in the most uncharitable possible way. So many people just exist to make other people's lives worse. And I'm sick of that.

Don't get me wrong, there's often at least SOMEONE who tries to answer a genuine question, or take a charitable approach, or show empathy or whatever. But so often in those situations those people are the rare exceptions, when they should be the rule.

I'm so sick of like 90% of humanity.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: BrainShower, edu0z and LoiteringClouds