brokenwaves

brokenwaves

i need to cross a border that’s hard to define
Feb 19, 2021
currently living with my sister in her home, she has several kids and it's a lot to deal with at times. i could probably handle it a bit better except it's hard to ignore the fact that i'm overstaying my welcome.

i've been trying to find my own place for months, but nobody responds to my emails because i'm on disability payment so i receive a government assistance to pay rent. problem with this is that nobody wants to rent to people with government assistance, they won't even respond to my emails.

even worse still is that my country is struggling with a housing crisis, and renting costs are just increasing to crazy amounts. i live in the middle of nowhere, so rent should not be as high as it is but half of the places are too expensive, even with the assistance.

what's causing me to post this rant is that finally somebody responded who accepts this assistance and so I confirm my interest, and have heard nothing in return & the advertisement has been deleted. god it's so depressing, i thought maybe i would have finally my own space to either spend me last while on earth in peace (or even the optimist inside me thought i could give things "another try" - at least for awhile). but of course it's so hopeless as usual, i can't even get a stupid one bedroom place for myself i'm so sick of this shit !!! i would take anything at this stage but i have no options, how am i expected to survive in a society like this?? i can barely keep a roof over my head

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BottomlessPit, Beachedwhale, EmbraceOfTheVoid and 10 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
Reading your post makes the situation that you are in come across as extremely stressful. A house is one of the most basic needs that is required to live, but in some parts of the world (your area) it is treated as a luxury, and yet there are actual luxuries that are more affordable and accessible than a house - it is backwards. It is one of the reasons why some people choose to end their lives unfortunately: because dying is cheaper than living. The rope that we use to hang ourselves with is more affordable than a place to live, and it should not be like this at all.

Of course my post does not take into consideration the many factors such as economics... But still.

Edit: The part of this post that talks about suicide is not a suggestion of what to do, it is an example of why people may want to leave this world, and how the issue could (possibly) be solved, or at least mitigated.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: blue_muse, Beachedwhale, brokenwaves and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
A house is one of the most basic needs that is required to live, but in some parts of the world (your area) it is treated as a luxury, and yet there are actual luxuries that are more affordable and accessible than a house - it is backwards.
B-b-but t-there's n-no overpopulation!!! We could actually fit everyone on the surface of my dick and everything just works!!! Let me crank out five more kids rn.

Reactions: BlankUser
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Damn yeah that's tough. I'm in supported accommodation but could easily end up at my brother's. And it wouldn't take long to soon start to feel like I was overstaying my welcome I'm sure. The well-adjusted never understand!

• Love
Reactions: gtrfvr and brokenwaves
T

Trans Magus

Mar 8, 2021
We have six empty houses for every homeless person yet we have landlords charging people for the privilege of simply wanting to exist. And if you try to just take one of the myriad empty houses, cops will come and arrest you. It's so fucking disgusting.

• Love
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, Good4Nothing and brokenwaves
brokenwaves

brokenwaves

i need to cross a border that’s hard to define
Feb 19, 2021
Reading your post makes the situation that you are in come across as extremely stressful. A house is one of the most basic needs that is required to live, but in some parts of the world (your area) it is treated as a luxury, and yet there are actual luxuries that are more affordable and accessible than a house - it is backwards. It is one of the reasons why some people choose to end their lives unfortunately: because dying is cheaper than living. The rope that we use to hang ourselves with is more affordable than a place to live, and it should not be like this at all.

Of course my post does not take into consideration the many factors such as economics... But still.

Edit: The part of this post that talks about suicide is not a suggestion of what to do, it is an example of why people may want to leave this world, and how the issue could (possibly) be solved, or at least mitigated.
it's really messed up, and honestly a huge stressor for me for many years. like without my sister's help i would be homeless right now, i literally have no other options or support in that sense. but the government really doesn't care or try putting any control on the rent prices. i have another family member who also receives government assistance, and they have been on a list 14 years to receive their own accommodation. like how do the government expect people to keep living when we can't even afford a place to live, in my opinion a basic human need and right
We have six empty houses for every homeless person yet we have landlords charging people for the privilege of simply wanting to exist. And if you try to just take one of the myriad empty houses, cops will come and arrest you. It's so fucking disgusting.
yep but everybody (esp. government) wants to talk about "mental health" issues in society and how we need to open up and talk to people. let's give people basic needs i bet a lot of mental health issues will be helped immensely

Last edited:
Reactions: Sprite_Geist and Good4Nothing
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Welcome to Ireland...

Reactions: brokenwaves
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
I already gave up on any meaningful forms of assistance. The current system is complete nonsense and approaches you as though you don't deserve help and that you're a liar. I tried disability benefits here but it's mostly a waste of time and only keeps you in a state of poverty even if you do manage to get it. It's part of the reason why I'm killing myself but it is what it is. I'm not going to keep struggling for scraps and trying to convince people that I'm disabled.

• Hugs
Reactions: Boochky, booray and brokenwaves
D

Debbie Northampton U

Student
Oct 22, 2020
Have you got anywhere? I think you're in Ireland? In the UK there are options but probably different over in Ireland.