C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Pointless rant but I've had a bad day so I'm going bitch about something pointless. I'm sure some shitposters will ruin this anyway so what the fuck ever. So I feel I've hinted onto something I've felt before but never could put into words. Now let me preface to say before I say this I'm not saying everyone is doing this but whatever. But I feel like people on here gets into cliques based on the year they joined. And all I'm really wondering is why? I know it's human nature to eventually form into groups but it's just such a lonely feeling cause atleast for me if people only group with you based on the year you joined and I joined around 2018 most of the people from 2018 are fucking gone or dead. It honestly just feels like a goddamn high school club and unaccepting in way if it's going to be like that. I'd say be more accepting since we're all suicidal but whatever. Hell I just saw someone saying '2020 gang' in the chat. M'kay. You're just creating a more lonely atmosphere but hey what the fuck ever.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MeltedJello, http-410, Angst Filled Fuck Up and 16 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
As you said, humans tend to gather in groups, in my country we call these ''small churches''. Whether it is at school, at work, on social media, unfortunately even this site is not protected from this no matter how kind and empathetic people are here.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Smart No More, avoid_slow_death and 5 others
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
As you said, humans tend to gather in groups, in my country we call these ''small churches''. Whether it is at school, at work, on social media, unfortunately even this site is not protected from this no matter how kind and empathetic people are here.
You're right. I guess I was just naive enough believing that this place wouldn't do that at the very least because of how many people here are suicidal due to loneliness and being forgotten by society but then they end up doing the very same things that create a lonely atmosphere. But I guess human nature will always ruin everything no matter what or where it is. It just makes me feel like I don't belong here anymore like I'm some dinosaur or some old timer that needs to die off or something all because I've lingered here longer than most. It all just seems petty.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Bot, avoid_slow_death and 3 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
You're right. I guess I was just naive enough believing that this place wouldn't do that at the very least because of how many people here are suicidal due to loneliness and being forgotten by society but then they end up doing the very same things that create a lonely atmosphere. But I guess human nature will always ruin everything no matter what or where it is. It just makes me feel like I don't belong here anymore like I'm some dinosaur or some old timer that needs to die off or something all because I've lingered here longer than most. It all just seems petty.
You can still feel find people you'll relate to and that will make you feel belong. I myself found someone very sweet and caring that now I'm close to.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Circles and avoid_slow_death
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Hell I just saw someone saying '2020 gang' in the chat. M'kay. You're just creating a more lonely atmosphere but hey what the fuck ever.

You're taking it too seriously, I suppose that was just a joke friend...

There is no clique here.

Amumu

• Love
Reactions: Shadowplay, WrongPlaceWrongTime and avoid_slow_death
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Hell I just saw someone saying '2020 gang' in the chat. M'kay. You're just creating a more lonely atmosphere but hey what the fuck ever.
I never enter the chat room, so I have no idea what goes on there. As for the forums, I don't think they're terribly cliquey. I like certain members more than others, I'm only human, but I don't ignore newcomers.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Scribble Fan, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 2 others
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Not really. I been here since February of last year and I don't really clique up with any group regardless of how long they have or haven't been here. That said, I think it's more certain members familiarity with one another. A lot of us here are shy and/or anxious so familiarity is comforting. Hope this helps and btw, I like seeing you around.

• Hugs
Reactions: Seafoam, shush, Circles and 1 other person
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah You're taking it too seriously, I suppose that was just a joke friend...

There is no clique here.

Amumu
Ummm welp agree to disagree then cause there are certainly cliques on this site and plenty of them I've seen especially over the past 3 years. K so I'm just going to make all this up just to create drama for nothing? Like no if I'm going to bitch about something then it's going to be about something I atleast think is real otherwise I wouldn't even have made this post.

And that '2020 gang' wasn't a joke I actually did see it in the chat but because message history gets deleted eventually in the chat so I don't have proof but whatever that's besides my point I was just using that as an example.
I never enter the chat room, so I have no idea what goes on there. As for the forums, I don't think they're terribly cliquey. I like certain members more than others, I'm only human, but I don't ignore newcomers.
Yeah I've noticed you're very accepting.
Not really. I been here since February of last year and I don't really clique up with any group regardless of how long they have or haven't been here. That said, I think it's more certain members familiarity with one another. A lot of us here are shy and/or anxious so familiarity is comforting. Hope this helps and btw, I like seeing you around.
Like I said not everyone is doing this. I don't even know how to describe this anymore cause how drunk I am at the moment. And you make a good point (familiarity). People want to only talk to people who they can relate to in some way either it being the year they joined, a terminal illness they have, their sexuality, the reasons they want to kill themselves, etc.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Beeper, avoid_slow_death and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I get how you feel. Everyone that I used to know on this website in 2019 are all dead or gone. I miss them a lot sometimes.

• Love
Reactions: Circles
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
I think I posted this shower thought at some other point last month, but I still believe it. I think the internet is more cliquey and full of social hierarchies than real life is. I don't mean that about SS specifically(I am not that observant of how posters treat each other and haven't used the chat before).

• Hugs
Reactions: justsayin and Circles
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
2021 gang!

• Yay!
Reactions: Shadowplay and Circles
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Circles you wanna form No Mac? It's like a clique but not. I wanted Al Bundy as president but have no idea where to find my socks most days, let alone him.

• Yay!
Reactions: Shadowplay and Circles
Shadowplay

Shadowplay

Average life non-enjoyer
Sep 11, 2021
Yeah people are cliquey - we're social tribal members. But I haven't really found that to be excessively the case here.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up