_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
Do we have the same thoughts poping up in our minds, like when we are Happy, or do we simply manage them easier when we are happy?

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I dont think about ctb or how crap my life as much is when i'm in a better mood. When i was actually happy a long time ago suicide did not enter my mind whatsoever.

Reactions: Bct and _Minsk
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
To the best of my recollection, the ctb thoughts never leave me. They just go from a desperate wish for an out to a more cautionary "let's quit while we're still on top" line of thinking and are easier to dismiss.

Reactions: Bct and _Minsk
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
This is a wonderful headfuck of a question :)

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
For me, I think it's mainly the same thoughts. But when I'm in a better mood I care more about the things I don't have, that would make me a normal, functional adult, and I spend more time wishing and longing for them. And I guess that makes it easier to rationalise staying alive, and trying, just a little longer.

• Love
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
For me, when I'm not depressed I rarely thinking about suicide. If I do, I'm just having a joke around it (just about my suicide, of course). Since I'm currently really depressed, suicidal thoughts is almost 24/7.

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
Times when I would be happy I still want to ctb, mostly because it felt like a good time before the lows that I knew would come actually came. To me it's like knowing you'll die from physical illness and ending while you're still strong vs having been in a hospital bed slowly drifting in and out in pain, mmaking these times the last moments your loved ones remember of you.
I think it's why I avoid my best friend so much, I never want to see him in a low mood because I want a last memory to be one we were having fun. Not one where I was where I wreak of hopelessness, and that he'll be asking himself how could he not known or do more. I know the first example would still be a shock, but I think it's better than watching me circle the drain.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
When I'm ''happy'' I don't think of suicide. But eventually I come back to the reality of my situation and then the thoughts come back.

Reactions: disabledandhopeless