Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I will start

"Death is precious, and valuable, that is why they do not want us to reach it, it is unattainable and insurmountable...

She is the mother of all and the final destiny of all, and it is unnatural not to want to reach her, it is abnormal for me to abstain from something inevitable, and at the same time beautiful because of the uncertainty of what may or may not happen after dying, it is a journey one way and no return, but it's totally worth living, it's like entering a black hole, you know you won't get out but... you know it's worth it..."

Years ago I also wrote this poem in Spanish.

"La muerte es mi amiga
A veces mi enemiga
Toca la puerta de mi casa
Como si fuera una visita

Cuando no la quieras abrir
Ella la abrira por ti
Cuando se canse de tocar
Y tu te canses de vivir"

Reactions: cscott
unending_emptiness

unending_emptiness

Why don’t I feel anything at all?
Aug 20, 2023
Ultimately, life is meaningless. Yet I believe that most people do find a meaning to continue living and a reason to continue living. However some do not. There is nothing wrong with choosing life or death. Maybe after death our soul will not be dead, maybe those who did not find a reason to live in their life will find one in their next. But really our life means nothing in this universe. We amount to not much more as a pebble or piece of garbage on the ground. Even the planet earth is nothing compared to the universe. So what is our life even worth? Some people feel at peace and comfortable to live, some don't. I feel as though death may be much more beautiful than life but this, I will find out some day later. We will all die in the end by choice or not by choice and our life will be someday forgotten and ultimately be meaningless in the long run.

Reactions: Epikur
Epikur

Epikur

Oct 6, 2023
Most people overstimate their own meaning for they see themselves as the center of the universe. Personally, I have no expectation as to what may come after death. I do not believe in an afterlife or any other conscious state that can be perceived in any way. Which is fine. If there is something, I would be heavily surprised. But we´ll see.

I think the fear of death is something that arose after evolution spawned the illusion of an independent self. And the knowledge of its finiteness. But look at yourself: what is that "I", actually? If you skin the I-onion layer by layer, your memories, your education, your language ... what will be left? Exactly, nothing. All this has been stored in your brain during your life time and will be inevitably destroyed when you die for it is hard-wired in your neuronal network. Proteins that will rot away. So why could so many people insist that there is an immortal soul?

Religions have adopted, by the way, the fear of death in order to make people obedient. And in a wider perspective, it is yet another manifestation of paternalism ...