BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Student
Aug 29, 2024
Walking around a park at the moment. Nobody's here, it's quiet. Day off of work so I'm just thinking some.

I try not to stress myself out anymore about the idea of "making progress" towards whatever goals or ideas I have. The kind of pressure where I weigh myself down with the ambition of "I must achieve this or I need to do this with my life." I've moved away from a lot of things just recently, and more generally it's been a 3 decade long process.

Moving towards things can be nice, if reasonable and possible. But movement away from things is also movement. Progressing away from things is just as valid and impactful as progressing towards things.

If walking around, thinking, and expressing myself here is good for me, at the very least to help my state of mind feel a little less bad, then that is a valid progression away from a state of mind that could be worse than what I'm currently feeling.

Feeling "good?" I can't really say i know what that means and so that doesn't really matter to me right now. But if I'm feeling less bad, then that is a good thing. Permanent progress? No, most likely not. But just these simple things can be tools of progression when I need them, when I have the drive to use them, as my mind oscillates along that spectrum of feeling bad and somewhere just above neutral.

Random thoughts that I wanted to share.
Take care all, hoping wellness. šŸ˜Š

• Hugs
Reactions: Redacted24, Grimpoteuthis, mango-meridian and 1 other person