I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
Has anyone ever looked at a part of their body and thought how weird it looks?

I've been staring at my foot for ages and it just looks bizarre. Small and wide with short stubby toes. Just weird!

I sometimes lie in bed looking at my hand resting on the pillow and it seems like it's not attached. Like 'Thing' from The Addams Family. Bodies are weird

• Love
Reactions: sadghost, terry_a_davis, mediocre and 1 other person
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
I sometimes lie in bed looking at my hand resting on the pillow and it seems like it's not attached. Like 'Thing' from The Addams Family. Bodies are weird
Yeahh I feel the same sometimes. It looks lifeless. Devoid of everyything.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
ssaaahmo

ssaaahmo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
Baby hands have always freaked me out

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I do this several times a day. I more suffer from it. I have Aspergers and sensory issues. So that means I can obsess over something on my body and could affect my whole day and stop me from doing things. Recently it's been the size/shape of my lips. I think about them constantly and how I could get surgery to correct them... I do this with other parts of my body too..

ssaaahmo

ssaaahmo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
I do this several times a day. I more suffer from it. I have Aspergers and sensory issues. So that means I can obsess over something on my body and could affect my whole day and stop me from doing things. Recently it's been the size/shape of my lips. I think about them constantly and how I could get surgery to correct them... I do this with other parts of my body too..
Have you ever talked to anyone about the possibility of body dysmorphia? Not saying that you have it, but it could be helpful to possibly see a professional about it.
I struggle with some of the things you do, too.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Have you ever talked to anyone about the possibility of body dysmorphia? Not saying that you have it, but it could be helpful to possibly see a professional about it.

I struggle with some of the things you do, too.
Yes I've thought I may have this. No point in trying to be seen for it healthcare here is an absolute nightmare especially when it comes to mental health

ssaaahmo

ssaaahmo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
Yes I've thought I may have this. No point in trying to be seen for it healthcare here is an absolute nightmare especially when it comes to mental health
I get that. The reason why I asked is because a dietitian from ed treatment told me I had it

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
I've always stared at my hands since I was a young child apparently. I remember watching a movie called Idle Hands as a kid, though I never second guess having control over my hands there's the smallest voice in the back of my head saying to keep them busy.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I sometimes stare in the mirror and I'm like am I really in this thing. I once saw on twitter someone say that and now it's stuck with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and ssaaahmo
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
Every day. Usually it's my nose and lips; something about them looks off and I feel like an alien. Other times I find myself staring at hands because they seem...off? It bothers me.

I'm also bothered by how dead my eyes look when I see myself in a mirror. I feel like a creep.

• Hugs
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
My whole body looks pretty weird to me, I don't feel like I belong in it.

• Hugs
ssaaahmo

ssaaahmo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
I feel like the whole human body is just out of proportion.

Reactions: BitterlyAlive
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I feel like the whole human body is just out of proportion.
This made me laugh. Do you mean just your body, or humans in general? Because if it's the latter you're so right.

terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I took a drug once, no idea what is was, and for a while i did not think my hands were mine. They looked like hands but it was like they didn't belong to me.

P

pete_x

Good god, let's eat !
May 9, 2020
As far back as i can remember i always thought my throat would look better with a jagged scar across it. I also get this thing every once in a while where i think i should remove my left eye.

Reactions: ssaaahmo