borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
My earliest memories are of gender dysphoria. When I was in kindergarten, I tried to mutilate my genitals with a nail clipper because I was so uncomfortable with having a penis. I remember being a kid and crying my eyes out because I didn't know what was wrong with my body. Every night I would look out at the stars and make a wish on the first one I saw that I would be a girl when I woke up in the morning.

It took me until I was 17 to come to the final conclusion that I'm trans, because I had a lot of things to work through. I'd repressed a lot of my childhood due to trauma, and I needed to be treated for it because when I realized that what happened to me when I was 12 was rape, I was able to start healing from that. I didn't know until I was 17 that erections and orgasms aren't inherently signifiers of enjoyment or consent. I stopped and thought about my experiences and tried to discern when I started feeling that discomfort with my body, and I realized that it was years before I was abused, so it couldn't just be the abuse causing it.

I was 17 when I met my first boyfriend, and he was 26. It was oddly one of he healthiest relationships I've ever been in. I was dealing with a lot of confusion and trying to figure things out, and it was when I realized how hard love is. I was in love with my then boyfriend. We'd gone to a Smashing Pumpkins show in Chicago, and I'd even met his parents, but when I was 18, I realized that my love wasn't enough to make the relationship work.

See, my first boyfriend was a gay man, and even though I was in love with him (or possibly just idealized him due to then undiagnosed BPD), I knew that I had to break up with him. I though to myself "How could this work when he's not going to be attracted to me anymore? I don't want to be the exception to someone's sexual orientation."

I was 19 when I started on HRT, and I was very happy about it. I was still unstable, but I blamed that on the fact that I was basically going through a second puberty. I lost people who I considered to be friends after I came out. It was hard to deal with.

Last year, I had an issue at work that required me to take a crying break. It was October, and I was looking at one of the monitors around my workplace. I saw the birthday calendar, and I went white as a ghost when I saw that I was deadnamed. I emailed HR about it and went into a panic attack. My hands were shaking too much to actually do my job.

It turned out to be an honest accident since the birthday calendar just grabbed names directly from the system that keeps track of our paychecks, but I felt like my shift lead was almost downplaying it when he said that I should've gone to him first since it was "something small" and that I shouldn't jump straight to emailing HR. I felt better when it was updated, and the system for our paychecks added in a "preferred name" feature, but I still felt like shit.

Now I've been working at this company for almost a year, and I'm afraid that something will happen and cause my deadname to be said when I'm given my one year plaque. I know that it probably wouldn't happen, but if it did, then I'd leave, quit my job, and either sue the company or kill myself to punish them for their lack of care in putting things together.

In terms of transitioning, I still need to get vaginoplasty done. The problem is that I have to jump through some bizarre hoops to have it done. I have to have hair removal done in the area in order to have the surgery, which is pretty standard. I've already had laser, and the rest needs electrolysis since it's light hair. The electrologist requires a note from a surgeon in order to do genital electrolysis. In order to get a note from the surgeon, I need to have an appointment with said surgeon. In order to get that appointment, I need 2 letters of readiness from mental health professionals. I got one, but I just haven't had the motivation to talk to the other professional and get the letter written, just like I haven't had the motivation to get my name legally changed.

I've been wondering if it's even worth the hassle. Obviously, transitioning won't fix all of my problems, but being more comfortable in my own skin by having a more female body would be wonderful, but it's so much work, and I have no energy.

• Hugs
Reactions: CringeNihilism, Cathy Ames and RainAndSadness
I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
i'm trans and have bpd too. i'm transitioned as much as i want to, at least for right now (i got top surgery) and i at least figure now i get to die in the body i want to. also, at least for me, i don't think i could've been fully happy if i kept my chest. but i know how much work it is, so i understand not wanting to do it. it might be worth it for you too though. whatever you end up doing, good luck

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
i'm trans and have bpd too. i'm transitioned as much as i want to, at least for right now (i got top surgery) and i at least figure now i get to die in the body i want to. also, at least for me, i don't think i could've been fully happy if i kept my chest. but i know how much work it is, so i understand not wanting to do it. it might be worth it for you too though. whatever you end up doing, good luck
It's not that I don't want to do it; I just feel so emotionally drained all the time so I never get around to putting things in motion. I'm also a major scatterbrain, so even when I have energy, I forget shit constantly. The fact that I managed to get breast implants is honestly nothing short of a miracle with how much of a space cadet I am.

I sometimes wonder if it's worth it because I want to die either way, so I don't know how much point there is to it when death will get rid of all of the pain anyway.

I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
It's not that I don't want to do it; I just feel so emotionally drained all the time so I never get around to putting things in motion. I'm also a major scatterbrain, so even when I have energy, I forget shit constantly. The fact that I managed to get breast implants is honestly nothing short of a miracle with how much of a space cadet I am.

I sometimes wonder if it's worth it because I want to die either way, so I don't know how much point there is to it when death will get rid of all of the pain anyway.
i see, yeah that really sucks. i have a bad memory too. i guess it doesn't really matter if your body rots away/gets cremated or something anyways

Reactions: borderline-feline
wr3ck3d

wr3ck3d

My color says "Wanderer" so let's go with that
Feb 12, 2023

You should have it in my opinion but ultimately it is your decision. I believe that you will feel better in your new body, or regret not doing it but having the option to.
I don't think love should go away when you transition, but I understand how a major body change could make you doubtful of the relationship.
In the end, the only thing that matters is for you to feel happy with who you are. And even if you still want to CTB, at least you will do it a bit happier.
As I said, ultimately this is your decision.

9thFloorAngel

9thFloorAngel

Just Gotta Let Go...
Mar 2, 2023
Hey friend. I can relate to this a lot. Your situation sounds pretty similar to where I was at a few years ago. I'm sorry you're struggling. Apologies in advance for the word vomit, I'll try to keep it short, but I really could write a novel about this if I had enough time.

This life of ours can be so unbelievably difficult at times. Trying to find the motivation to get out of bed and go out into a world that doesn't understand us, doesn't support us, and doesn't want us around... over time it just wears you down to the point where you don't have much fight left.

Whether to keep going and pursue your ideal self... that is only up for you to decide. I will share my experience though - in my opinion "it gets better" should be changed to "it can get better". Nothing is guaranteed, and in my case, transition didn't end up being enough for me to want to continue existing.

Not that I regret it, I certainly don't, but it's just not enough for some folks; I knew that going in, and unfortunately I found myself to be one of those people. I was always my own worst critic, I cracked under the pressure, and in the end that's what really destroyed me.

I'm proud of myself for trying, for pushing through the bad days, for trying to make a life for myself, but I'm at a point in my life now where I realize the hopes and dreams of my younger self will never see fruition, and I have to decide what to do with that reality.

With all that said, I think it's time to answer your question, "if it's even worth the hassle". I think the answer is yes. If you're going to try to remain here, then I think its worth pursuing your goals. While nothing is guaranteed, you may find better fortune than I did. There are plenty of folks who "make it".

Find support where you can. Having support is so very important. Hold onto friends tight, don't let them drift away. Be kind to yourself - that's the most important part. If you're going to stay, you have to learn to be kind to yourself, otherwise you'll end up like me, and I'm afraid that story only ends one way.

If you ever need to talk, feel free to reach out to me. Wish you the best of luck đź’™

Reactions: borderline-feline