I

ilivebecuzicantdie

Mar 6, 2022
This is just a ramble about how I don't know how to comfort people. I see so many other people who can do it so well and say like just the right thing or at least try to but for me when it comes to comforting people I just never know what to say and I feel bad cause like a friend will message me and then I'll take a while to reply because I just don't know what to say and I feel like anything I say just won't help or will somehow make it worse. And then it just gives me a lot of anxiety.

• Hugs
Reactions: artificial_ineptness and GrumpyFrog
Ryoxuka

Ryoxuka

Gigautist Wandering Scumbag
Oct 8, 2022
Who cares for comforting people whom never cared?

Let them suffer as we have/are I say!

Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
A lot of people just want to be heard, or better still, listened to. Sometimes just acknowledging their hardship can make a big difference, and asking leading questions to get them to tell you more about what's going on. I know personally I can't fucking stand when people make a show of asking how I am and when I indicate struggle without oversharing (because that's how I am), they just kind of stop the conversation. Motherfucker don't ask me if you don't really care - I don't need your token sympathy, I want some emotional investment!

Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I believe that often, no amount of words could ease any of the suffering that people go through. After all, words cannot solve real problems or bring real relief from the cruelty of this existence, in my opinion. Maybe it's difficult to find the right words as there is nothing to be said that could be beneficial.

Reactions: makethepainstop
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Unfortunately words and language are one of the few quick ways to convey thoughts.