Square251

Square251

Mar 19, 2023
How do you deal with pure, overwhelming anger? I just really REALLY want to break something rn, mostly myself. I'm sick of people telling me "oh rejection is hard for everyone" fuck you did you even just listen to me? The problem isn't just this rejection, it's every single fucking time it happened. I've lost count after hitting double digits. Like holy fuck how can I be so unlikable by literally every single human being? You know the only thing I hate more than those people? ME. I absolutely despise myself and honestly I'm very tempted to either just cut myself or somehow burn myself, that would be a new one at least.

• Hugs
Reactions: chloramine, Sweet Tart, LoiteringClouds and 2 others
Seven Threads

Seven Threads

Iterator
Mar 5, 2023
Hey there, Square. Honestly, sometimes you really do need to just lash out. Scream into a pillow. Enact righteous violence on a sofa cushion. I wouldn't make it a habit; you don't want your body to internalize that lashing out physically is the go-to response to seething anger, but if you're in a position right now where that's all you have available, then go for it. It doesn't resolve the problem, but it can get rid of some of that excess tension and energy so you can focus on what to do next.

Reactions: chloramine, Sweet Tart and LoiteringClouds
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Someone once said that anger was the natural reaction of a conflict between what was expected and reality. If rejection happens frequently, perhaps experimenting with moving upstream to the selection process could be worthwhile.

Some people accept for relationship whoever seems to be interested. Some make selections based on appearance. Working to develop the characteristics of humor and kindness and seeking those qualities in others may yield better results.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Personally using the energy in some way can help? Ranting somewhere private or doing something physical like running. Anger isn't a sustainable energy for me so I burn it out pretty quickly. This may not be helpful because of that but I know it's not an uncommon suggestion so it must work for some people who experience it differently as well?