Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
Everyone on that subreddit is so fucking strong

They'll able to call out the narcissists and abuse for what it is

They're able to make the difficult yet necessary choice to go no contact, even if it means taking out loans or other things because they know being around narcs is bad for them

And then there's me. A failure who still can't do the right thing

It's like I'd rather stay and suffer in the "comfort" of dysfunction no matter how bad it gets than take the necessary steps to properly get out

No matter what anyone tells me, I won't leave on campus

I'm a failure to everyone who tried to help me

I'm sorry

• Hugs
Reactions: girlsboysthems, Kundalini Guy, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
youre not a failure. these types of situations are really difficult and hard on a person. i know it can be difficult but try to not compare yourself to them :hug:

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
youre not a failure. these types of situations are really difficult and hard on a person. i know it can be difficult but try to not compare yourself to them :hug:
I've compared myself to them all my life

Back when I discovered I was even being abused I turned to that subreddit like gospel

Hell I know if I told them my situation they'd be yelling at me to get out and just take the loans and make it work

I'd be a failure in their eyes

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'd be a failure in their eyes
if they think youre a failure then they have no compassion and id have to question how much understanding of the situation they actually have.
theyd be right about the moving out thing, however thats a million times easier said then done.

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
if they think youre a failure then they have no compassion and id have to question how much understanding of the situation they actually have.
theyd be right about the moving out thing, however thats a million times easier said then done.
Thing is thats my main long term goal. It's why I am back in school trying to get my masters degree in social work. I want to be able o have a career where I can live by myself (or with a trusted frined/roomate) and take care of myself. I tried to get work for the longest but couldn't due to not being able to find work. So this is my opportunity to try

I tried to make campus work but....it was so hard. I couldnt be strong and tough that out. So the plan was to move back home this semester and see how I feel before reinstating campus life again

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death