Cepi

Cepi

It’s not a bad existence, just a bad life
May 12, 2023
I quit the military during the final phrase of the physical examination of MEPS. It was the final test before we got sent back out to our recruiter to make our decision to become a marine and I said to the doctor "I don't want to be here anymore, I don't want to be a marine". They told me they never heard that and got I a talking with another marine solider to convince me to stay and I said "I don't feel like I belong here". Truthfully deep in my head I was thinking about how I might end up killing myself during boot camp or hurt other people to get them to kill me since I so deeply want to die already. My recruiter gave me some life advice saying things have to change when things get hard which I agree with but I simply don't want to change anymore. I'm capable of taking care of myself physically now, I'm in college and can drive but I can't serve a country that doesn't give a single crap about helping the people who need it. People that are mentally ill, homeless or wage-less. The United States is just a facade of a country that puts on a strong face to convince other countries that were the best or smartest but it's just capitalistic heaven trying to get you to spend money or make you make them money so the greedy people in control can live wealthy lives. I hate this country's political system that has so many good hearted people in it trying to win in a game that only rewards the greedy and evil people. That's my little rant hope you enjoyed the read.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Sannti, x0nSS and 2 others
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I'm so proud of you for standing up for what is right for YOU!!! This is your life, your dreams - don't ever let anyone decide for you.:love:

Reactions: rationaltake, Cepi and dialogos
Cepi

Cepi

May 12, 2023
I'm so proud of you for standing up for what is right for YOU!!! This is your life, your dreams - don't ever let anyone decide for you.:love:
Thanks man means a lot right now

SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too long…
Jul 4, 2023
I quit the military during the final phrase of the physical examination of MEPS. It was the final test before we got sent back out to our recruiter to make our decision to become a marine and I said to the doctor "I don't want to be here anymore, I don't want to be a marine". They told me they never heard that and got I a talking with another marine solider to convince me to stay and I said "I don't feel like I belong here". Truthfully deep in my head I was thinking about how I might end up killing myself during boot camp or hurt other people to get them to kill me since I so deeply want to die already. My recruiter gave me some life advice saying things have to change when things get hard which I agree with but I simply don't want to change anymore. I'm capable of taking care of myself physically now, I'm in college and can drive but I can't serve a country that doesn't give a single crap about helping the people who need it. People that are mentally ill, homeless or wage-less. The United States is just a facade of a country that puts on a strong face to convince other countries that were the best or smartest but it's just capitalistic heaven trying to get you to spend money or make you make them money so the greedy people in control can live wealthy lives. I hate this country's political system that has so many good hearted people in it trying to win in a game that only rewards the greedy and evil people. That's my little rant hope you enjoyed the read.
When I joined I just wanted to see what I could experience. It didn't feel like I was protecting another country. Just felt like another job. Given I was a cook/baker on a submarine.

I would never choose the marines or army because I value living. A part of me wishes I would have chosen the Air Force because they give you experience and jobs in professions that are more technical than the others, but I enjoyed it.

The initial getting myself going and getting in was scary, but I just chalked it up to a new experience that I needed to experience. I needed to be stronger then I was and to get away from my home that was going to eventually put me in prison if I stayed.

Each person is different and experiences things differently. I'm not saying you will want to choose military, but choose a different branch. Marines just seem too intense for me. Also being in college helps. You don't have to choose military. It's definitely an overwhelming life choice.

I wish you find the peace your looking for in whatever you choose for your life. Good luck and I hope your travels are safe and free of the hell this world can bring.❤️

Reactions: rationaltake and Cepi
Cepi

Cepi

May 12, 2023
When I joined I just wanted to see what I could experience. It didn't feel like I was protecting another country. Just felt like another job. Given I was a cook/baker on a submarine.

I would never choose the marines or army because I value living. A part of me wishes I would have chosen the Air Force because they give you experience and jobs in professions that are more technical than the others, but I enjoyed it.

The initial getting myself going and getting in was scary, but I just chalked it up to a new experience that I needed to experience. I needed to be stronger then I was and to get away from my home that was going to eventually put me in prison if I stayed.

Each person is different and experiences things differently. I'm not saying you will want to choose military, but choose a different branch. Marines just seem too intense for me. Also being in college helps. You don't have to choose military. It's definitely an overwhelming life choice.

I wish you find the peace your looking for in whatever you choose for your life. Good luck and I hope your travels are safe and free of the hell this world can bring.❤️
Saw a lot of people being in the Air Force or army. I don't value my life and that's why I wanted to be a marine so I could die potentially but seeing how there's no major war going on. I can't deal with just sitting on base or going to a job that has no real difference in the world. I respect your dedication to going through the Navy brother. I saw the brotherhood relations there and I kinda loved it but knowing that I wouldn't be a dependable asset at this point in the military wouldn't be a good idea I think for everybody. I think if I didn't go through my mental health journey with OCD I would've loved the military. But at this point I have a lot internal damage that needs to be helped and I think going in a mental health profession would make that possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake